Regular Contributor

Shopping your own closets, anyone?

I've been trying to organize & shop my own closets for a couple of months & found some Phil. shower gels, BE eye colors & lots of clothing to donate. (I'm happy to have the old BE because I don't really care for the new pallettes.) But best of all, I re-discovered a couple of my old Coach bags from the 90's, which I started carrying last week. Has anyone else re-discovered any gems in their closets?

Respected Contributor

Re: Shopping your own closets, anyone?

I found a really nice animal print top in my closet yesterday as I was looking for something else. When the COVID lockdown started I did a major purge of my clothes....I did a second wave a few months later....wow, did I get rid of things...but I was so pleased that I kept so many things that I now see are very much in style and look current. I wore the top yesterday with some new Travelers black pants and it looked great. I need to make another pass through it tomorrow and put some outfits together that I didn't even know I had!

Regular Contributor

I’ve been doing some purging and made some donations and found I few items and wondered why I didn’t wear them more??? So I wore them and discovered what I didn’t like about them and into the donation pile they went. I’m going to to shop my closet some more this weekend bc we have a forecast of rain, so stay tuned lol
Trusted Contributor

I am totally with you!!  My mantra is:  WEAR WHAT YOU HAVE if you don't, donate it.  Unless you just love it even though you don't wear.  It's ok to just love it.  LOL 

It's full on fall in my area.  So I need to sort the clothes and put the lighter weights in the bottom drawers and back of closets.  Move the fall and winter to the top and front. So I imagine I will have some summer things to dontate. 

I bought many new things for fall so I am making sure to wear those things first!