Super Contributor

Shopping for a wide eyebrow brush

Can anyone tell me where to find such a brush?  The one I have is by Mac and it's 10 years old, they don't make it anymore.  I have absolutely no brows so I have to shape them and the narrow brushes simply don't work. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping for a wide eyebrow brush

Would a child toothbrush work?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@waterlily   I would start at ULTA and Sephora.  Do a search.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have searched, just thought others might be in my predicament and know of one. No a child's toothbrush would not work.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how wide of a brush you want but my Rimmel eyebrow pencil has a brush on the end of the cap instead of a spoolie on one end of the pencil. It's a thin brush but measures a little under 3/4 of an inch long. It's sort of on the firm side so does a nice job. Unless you're talking about an eyebrow brush that lays down color, not sure what exactly you mean since you say you have no brows. I have about 10-12 hairs left on each one, what a pain!

Super Contributor

@shaggygirl Yes, I do mean a brush that "lays down color",  you're so right it's the thing that gives me angst every morning doing my makeup and takes the longest.

Honored Contributor

I use a brush by Anastasia that I've had for many years.  anastasiabeverlyhills dot com.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Nars #52 is used to apply brow powders. Bristles are dense and firm.

_100806598.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@waterlily wrote:

@shaggygirl Yes, I do mean a brush that "lays down color",  you're so right it's the thing that gives me angst every morning doing my makeup and takes the longest.

You & me both! And mine used to be so thick I had to pluck several time a week! When I go for my hair cut/color I always remind my stylist as she leads me to the wash bowl "be careful you don't take my eyebrows off I just put new ones on this morning". LOL

But the moustache hasn't slowed down it's growth yet! Geez Louise! Oh yeh hair on top of head has thinned out too. That requires a few shakes of "stuff" to fill in the thin spots if I'm heading out anywhere. Oh well, I still manage to wake up and get out of bed every morning (though I could use some WD-40 on the joints to help get moving) so shouldn't complain.

Super Contributor

@shaggygirl I have to tell my hairdresser the same thing, please don't wipe off my brows.  I currently use the long MAC brush but it's thinning from age and I desperately need a new one.  I also use Wonderbrow gel (not the one on HSN) but am thinking of changing to Anastasia Dip.  For us the brush is so important, the thin feathering brushes normal ladies can use of no use to me as there is nothing to feather. I do hope someone can recommend something.