Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping for Make-up Brush Organizer

@SilleeMee wrote:

You can get really creative with this one. Change out the 'marbles' or make it with different styles of containers.

download (1).jpg

When you want to clean your marbles then just place them in a colander and rinse or put them in a mesh bag in the dishwasher.

@SilleeMee  Are you aware that eventually the marbles will harm the wooden handles on the brushes? Just a heads up. 

Respected Contributor

Ulta Beauty online has an IT brush roll with 36 loops for $25.00. Item number is  2309005

Image result for brush roll

Contributor

743BA70E-5EF8-40DB-9F52-3913FE81E1EE.jpegI have several of these that I made last year.  Got a block of wood from Lowe’s, a drill, and a variety pack of bits.  Super easy.  Took 10 minutes.  I’ve seen people spray paint the wood to customize.

Honored Contributor

You could go to Target and find some nice pencil holders in their office section. They always have stylish office stuff for good prices.

I just use a couple old favorite coffee mugs with sayings on them that I can't bear to throw away. One has a little chip on the rim and the other has a crack, so I don't like to drink from them or offer them to others anymore. Looking at them makes me smile, so it works out great.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I got a couple of cups like these from Etsy. Mine are silver and purple.

1981FFC7-27B1-41FD-A25E-F9605FC09EB2.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Sonia G has a large collection of bruses and stores hers in drawers

Image result for sonia g brush collection

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

I got this on Amazon for $11.19.

Frcolor Acrylic Cosmetic and Makeup Brush Holder Stand Organizer 26 Space

511UV9DxogL__SX679_.jpg

@Texasmouse...I saw that one but I was concerned it wasn’t tall enough for my longer brushes & that they might tip over.  Do you have taller brushes that you store in it?

@SurferWife I do have some taller brushes and they don't tip over but some of my tall skinnier ones (like my eye brushes) do lean a little. I think this is more because they're too skinny for the holes than because they're tall.

Honored Contributor

OH MY GOSH...I just found one I HAVE to have!

C23E68CF-41CF-42E3-BD2C-214520BFD5F5.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

I am extremely pleased with the Deluxe Cosmetic Box with Mirror by Lori Grenier. The organization is brilliant, all the tiny nooks and crannies, the larger drawers that swivel out---just so well done, and I am a fussy customer.

I was surprised at so many critical comments about the box. There are a few problems, it is not perfectly made, but then the price is quite reasonable accounting for that.

There was also a strong chemical smell that I had to air out for a week. But any product that uses stain, glue and/or varnish, will have a lingering smell. That is just what happens with the way things are made---I have plenty of products I use at home for crafts and cleaning that leave odors behind for quite some time.

Of course, even when the smell dissipates, the chemicals are still present, and affecting us. Even with those few "cons", this is the very best cosmetic organizer I have ever found. A giant improvement from all the boxes, cups, and containers I previously had spread all over the top of my makeup table, and inside its drawers.

I hope I do not experience any of the loose parts others have complained about. Mine is well-made for the price, and has kept my beauty supplies beautifully organized.

Hope others receive the same well-packed product, with protective inside covers that is in the same good shape mine is in, and finds it to be such a wonderful solution to a problem common to all makeup lovers/users.

Frequent Contributor

@dianajo_67 I love this!  You are very creative.