Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping for Make-up Brush Organizer

[ Edited ]

You can get really creative with this one. Change out the 'marbles' or make it with different styles of containers.

download (1).jpg

When you want to clean your marbles then just place them in a colander and rinse or put them in a mesh bag in the dishwasher.

Honored Contributor

Search Sigma Beauty.

They sell great brushes & have a variety of brush containers as well as brush cleaning supplies.

Honored Contributor

Your container of marbles look so pretty but I'm such a klutz, I'd turn it over at least once a week.    Marbles everywhere!

@SilleeMee wrote:

You can get really creative with this one. Change out the 'marbles' or make it with different styles of containers.

download (1).jpg

When you want to clean your marbles then just place them in a colander and rinse or put them in a mesh bag in the dishwasher.

Honored Contributor

@software,

LOL! I get it. I'm pretty clumsy myself, too. But that marbles container is rather heavy and with the right container it's difficult to knock over unless you're aiming for it.Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got this on Amazon for $11.19.

Frcolor Acrylic Cosmetic and Makeup Brush Holder Stand Organizer 26 Space

511UV9DxogL__SX679_.jpg

Frequent Contributor

I've really enjoyed using the Pampered Chef Carousel for my brushes, liners, etc.  You can organize ALOT!  It spins and doesn't take up too much room.  It was originally created to hold kitchen utensils.

carousel.jpg

Honored Contributor

Good point.

I keep my pens & pencils on my desk in a rather large, heavy coffee mug.

I manage to turn it over at least once a week, that's the image I had for the brushes as well!

@SilleeMee wrote:

@software,

LOL! I get it. I'm pretty clumsy myself, too. But that marbles container is rather heavy and with the right container it's difficult to knock over unless you're aiming for it.Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I use two methods. I purchased the smaller pursefection purse organizer and it holds all of my brushes and sponges. The outside pockets are great for all the small brushed and there are plenty of pockets on the inside for the mediurm handled brushes which allows the inner space to be used for the kubuki brushes. It really works well.

I also use mugs to hold my brushes. All those funny saying ones that kids get me every year. I keep those in my bathroom for those qucik touch ups so I'm not running back and forth to  my vanity. Saves me time.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I got this on Amazon for $11.19.

Frcolor Acrylic Cosmetic and Makeup Brush Holder Stand Organizer 26 Space

511UV9DxogL__SX679_.jpg

@Texasmouse...I saw that one but I was concerned it wasn’t tall enough for my longer brushes & that they might tip over.  Do you have taller brushes that you store in it?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Be creative, what you choose doesn't have to be specifically identified as a brush organizer.  I use a couple of 1 pt. pottery crocks for my single-ended brushes.  Double-ended brushes go in an acrylic drawer system.  Decide if you want your brushes out on the counter/vanity and easy to grab or do you want to physically put them away after use?  Mason jars, pottery crocks, acrylic drawers, acrylic containers, brush rolls, brush stands.  There are many options, you just need to figure out what appeals to you.

@JeanLouiseFinch...very good points! I may need a combo drawer & stand.  I could sit one on top of the other. My space is tight, which is why it’s gotten out-of-hand unorganized. 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.