Honored Contributor

Shopping for Make-up Brush Organizer

One would think this is a relatively easy item to find, but I have searched high and low for a, preferably acrylic, make-up brush organizer. I have so many IT brushes that I can no longer keep them organized! Have any of you found one that holds them all, especially the fat-bottomed ones & taller ones? I’ve searched high & low, mostly on Amazon & just when I think I’ve found one that will work, I read reviews about it not being sturdy enough to hold the taller brushes. All ideas welcome. Thanks!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: Shopping for Make-up Brush Organizer

Container Store has a rotating 4 section pencil cup. 

CECFEADA-935B-4564-9051-6B48E8E66BB4.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I store my brushes in large 16 oz Solo cups. I have 3 of them filled with brushes.I store the cups inside my vanity on a tray.I also have one for eye liners & mascaras.I found this to be the best way to keep my makeup organized.

Like you I couldn’t find anything that worked for me.So I came up with this idea about a year ago.

Respected Contributor

I use silverware caddies. They are bigger and more substantial than  makeup holders. You get three separate containers so I can separate eye brushes, foundation brushes and blush and hilighter brushes.

Right now I have a wicker basket that has the three silverware holders and another space that is perfect for my clean face washing cloths.  

Honored Contributor

My everyday brushes (5) all fit inside a bathroom plastic cup that matches the soap & tissue box cover.

Honored Contributor

Found another one at The Container Store. Not sure if the black grid lifts off for cleaning the inside.

8793ED75-4365-4D29-9E71-992DAB72DE0C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I found one that I added to my wish list. I’m hoping it will go on sale, but even if it doesn’t it appears to be the most promising one I’ve found.

29866D1B-4E08-4137-9B49-DF66074E9612.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

empty candle jars

Honored Contributor

empty candle jars

or a brush roll?

Honored Contributor

Be creative, what you choose doesn't have to be specifically identified as a brush organizer.  I use a couple of 1 pt. pottery crocks for my single-ended brushes.  Double-ended brushes go in an acrylic drawer system.  Decide if you want your brushes out on the counter/vanity and easy to grab or do you want to physically put them away after use?  Mason jars, pottery crocks, acrylic drawers, acrylic containers, brush rolls, brush stands.  There are many options, you just need to figure out what appeals to you.