Trusted Contributor

Re: ShopHQ is changing their name..............again

Thank you for the info, Maren.

Esteemed Contributor

as long as they don't bring Karen Connelly back !

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/18/2014 RoughDraft said:

I wonder if Lisa will also be part of this "team" but because of contractual agreements, her name cannot be included in the news release.

That was my first thought too. Also, Holly is set to launch her new line called BASE in spring. I don't usually watch the station, but if Holly goes I will.

Super Contributor

On 11/18/2014 RoughDraft said:

I wonder if Lisa will also be part of this "team" but because of contractual agreements, her name cannot be included in the news release.

If she is, she's seeing something in it that we must be missing, because she'd giving up a lot for a new venture. I also wonder if she wouldn't have a type of "no compete" clause that might prevent her from working for a competitor for a certain time. BUT, online isn't really TV, so....

We'll find out, I guess! I'm thinking if she IS on board and she doesn't have a clause prohibiting her from working for them, she'll announce it pretty soon after she leaves the Q. I'd assume EVINE would want her fans to know about it asap.

Edit to add: Have to laugh at myself -- all this projection!

Honored Contributor

I found their announcement annoying. The CEO's video says absolutely nothing. Teasers are boring as heck to me and turn me off. Just tell what's happening or don't say anything. Not sure I'm interesting in interacting in the way described. I just want a good place to shop. Not sure Shop can do that anymore.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/18/2014 2blonde said:

I had gotten the email from them, so I just watched Mark's video. It sure sounds like they're going totally digital online. Personally, I prefer to watch shows on my TV. I don't just sit in front of the set all the time.......I check the guide and DVR what looks interesting to me and watch it or FF through it after work (or whatever I was doing at the time). I only use my computer (or the phone)to purchase, so if they discontinue the TV channel, they will be off my radar. I still have several other shopping channels at my disposal.

I did sign up for their emails, so we'll see what develops......I hope the show hosts aren't losing their jobs over this. I also wonder if their lousy location (the frozen Tundra) has anything to do with it. It must be a real inconvenience for the vendors to go there in the winter.

Same here 2blonde. I use my computer at work.....for work mostly....I do check the boards here a few times a day. I watch shopping channels on TV. I don't have a smart phone or iPad, etc (and don't want one). So if I can't turn on my TV and watch shopping when I want to..........ShopHQ or Evine, or whatever they call themselves..........won't get my business any longer.

Respected Contributor

Is it just me, or is that an AWFUL name?

Trusted Contributor

Interesting...I don't shop there much, but I like to be kept in the loop. Thanks for the head's up.

Honored Contributor

weird name "EVINE" what does that mean, does it stand for something?

Honored Contributor

Face it, all you floundering execs. TV shopping channels are never going to be hip.