Super Contributor

Re: ShopHQ is changing their name..............again

On 11/18/2014 baddest_dog said:

I got the email and didn't get the impression they were changing their name. I thought it meant they were going to have a totally digital online format offshoot of the channel, like Nomorerack or something like that.

That's what I took from the email, also.

Respected Contributor

Rebranding may have something to do with shedding the letter Q. I always thought that was a mistake.

Super Contributor

On 11/18/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 11/18/2014 seaside shopper said:

I would think that Evine in this case would mean "E" as in electronic online shopping and "vine" as in a plant with tendrils, i.e., a grapevine.

Out of curiosity, I Googled Evine and Kathy Levine and found, among other things, that she has been recruited to join Evine.

For more info, here is a link that I found interesting: http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/07/evine-launch/

<br />

<br />

Boy, that IS interesting! I don't like the term "flash sales" although I'm not sure I know what that means. I remember that HSN used to have the "you have to buy before the clock ticks down" format -- or I heard about it -- before my HSN time. I hope that's not what it means.

And as much as I love Kathy -- seriously -- I'm not sure how current she is in ecommerce. Her attempts didn't fare well, but she WILL appeal to the female 35+ demographic that's being targeted (and that's me!). I'd love to see Kathy again, and know she'll rope me in like she always used to, just not sure if it's a good strategy. Hope I'm wrong!

For those of us who love Lisa R, I think she'd be a great component, too. Both Kathy and Lisa can sell me almost anything (but I'm easy). And I assume Dimitri will be around so I'm already nervous!<.p>

Thanks so much for posting this link. Going to go check them out on FB.

Can you just imagine Dimitri with Kathy or Lisa?

Respected Contributor

I am LOL at myself..I got that email and thought they were introducing a line by that name...that is what I get for skimming things.

Super Contributor

On 11/18/2014 F1wild said:
On 11/18/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 11/18/2014 seaside shopper said:

I would think that Evine in this case would mean "E" as in electronic online shopping and "vine" as in a plant with tendrils, i.e., a grapevine.

Out of curiosity, I Googled Evine and Kathy Levine and found, among other things, that she has been recruited to join Evine.

For more info, here is a link that I found interesting: http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/07/evine-launch/

<br />

<br />

Boy, that IS interesting! I don't like the term "flash sales" although I'm not sure I know what that means. I remember that HSN used to have the "you have to buy before the clock ticks down" format -- or I heard about it -- before my HSN time. I hope that's not what it means.

And as much as I love Kathy -- seriously -- I'm not sure how current she is in ecommerce. Her attempts didn't fare well, but she WILL appeal to the female 35+ demographic that's being targeted (and that's me!). I'd love to see Kathy again, and know she'll rope me in like she always used to, just not sure if it's a good strategy. Hope I'm wrong!

For those of us who love Lisa R, I think she'd be a great component, too. Both Kathy and Lisa can sell me almost anything (but I'm easy). And I assume Dimitri will be around so I'm already nervous!<.p>

Thanks so much for posting this link. Going to go check them out on FB.

Can you just imagine Dimitri with Kathy or Lisa?

Gulp. Just with Kathy and Dimitri I'd be in trouble.

What do you think? I'm pretty excited, but then I have no life. :-) I tried to click on the Facebook link in that article that seaside shopper linked to, but it just brings me to FB's home page. Not off to a good start. :-)

I'm also not finding that page w/the Kathy vid on it -- don't know whether to blame my iPad (they SHOULD include a platform for mobile devices), or whether to blame Evine. Probably a blessing. -)

Valued Contributor

On 11/18/2014 Jovigirl310 said:

Odd name. I shop at that site and I haven't heard a thing. I am addicted to Dimitri James Skinn cosmetics and skin care line. Thanks for sharing.

I shop at times on SNBC...mainly Suzanne and One World. Another change!!! I did get an email this morning but haven't looked into it yet.

Honored Contributor

On 11/18/2014 Lotus~ said:

Very strange name....it's not something that will stick to your tongue.

They need to go HD...I go blind when I watch that channel (it's 19 on Long Island)....it's not crystal clear HD like QVC is. As a matter of fact I have the same problem when I watch HSN (channel 8 here).

They have become the SKINN/Invicta channel and they need to do a major overhaul.

I love Chuck Clemency but it seems he has sold out to the channel, because his items are so ho-hum lately...very mass produced looking. (I know they are mass produced but they don't have to look like it).

ShopHQ is in HD on TimeWarner here in Ohio. The 3 channels go right in order. QVC, HSN then ShopHQ.

I was checking out my channel guide and all of a sudden, there it was in HD.

Respected Contributor

I had gotten the email from them, so I just watched Mark's video. It sure sounds like they're going totally digital online. Personally, I prefer to watch shows on my TV. I don't just sit in front of the set all the time.......I check the guide and DVR what looks interesting to me and watch it or FF through it after work (or whatever I was doing at the time). I only use my computer (or the phone)to purchase, so if they discontinue the TV channel, they will be off my radar. I still have several other shopping channels at my disposal.

I did sign up for their emails, so we'll see what develops......I hope the show hosts aren't losing their jobs over this. I also wonder if their lousy location (the frozen Tundra) has anything to do with it. It must be a real inconvenience for the vendors to go there in the winter.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

On 11/18/2014 JayJay said:
On 11/18/2014 Jovigirl310 said:

Odd name. I shop at that site and I haven't heard a thing. I am addicted to Dimitri James Skinn cosmetics and skin care line. Thanks for sharing.

I shop at times on SNBC...mainly Suzanne and One World. Another change!!! I did get an email this morning but haven't looked into it yet.

Chris Scanlon from HSN history is launching something on Nov. 25th (I think). She's a fb friend of mine; so sweet!

Honored Contributor

In 2012 Kathy Levine had announced she was doing an e-commerce site called Evine. I remember someone posted about it on this site with a link to a video.

Here is the link.

http://www.shophq.com/l/evinelive?stop_mobi=yes