Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  I get the same thing for $34 a year with Selfridges and we're talking international shipping to and from. 

ShopHQ is charging an outrageous amount. Unless someone shops a LOT and returns a LOT to them, you are not getting much for your money.

@SahmIam, I think the price is nuts. When I first saw it I thought it was for the year.  LOL  

I'm betting they are banking on people signing up for the 30 day free trial and forgetting to cancel.  I'm sure that will happen with some.  

@Lipstickdiva THANK YOU! So did I! I had to re-read the thread because I thought there was no way it was a month.

I was wrong.

Agree 100% they are banking on people forgetting about it so it's an automatic charge and they charge you mid-month for the next month. So wrong.

It's a crazy shipping policy. Are you sure it can even be cancelled after 1 month? A one and done order then canceling the monthly ship program seems to be the only value for a consumer. For me it's not even worth trying it bc their CS is not customer friendly. 

I wish Sam B was at Q or H and Marc Bouwer. The other brands that I like sold at shop/Evine I now shop direct

interested in feedback from those that signed up for the new ship program that are doing a one and done order and then canceling the ship program

According to the FAQ on their website, you can cancel either by calling CS or on-line.  

Frequent Contributor

This new program doesn't just include ShopHQ. I was looking at the site yesterday and the free shipping applies to a number of different stores. Plus, ShopHQ issues members a 5% rebate on their orders. You have to shop and order trough the VIP site to get all of this. I don't know how subscriptions work an if they even would qualify.

I only buy Isomers from them so I am skeptical of the value.

Valued Contributor

What happened to Evine/ShopHQ? They never have cooking shows anymore, that I have found. I miss The Sizzle. Never see t he Deen Brothers, whose products I loved but their prices aren;t going down so I guess they still sell items even if they never have the people on. I have seen good deals but with the high shipping, it ruins the deal, MacKenzie-Childs was one vendor I still enjoyed, but I have so many pieces, I don't need anything else. So ShopHQ is a no watch for me these days.

Honored Contributor

@theloungeboy wrote:

This new program doesn't just include ShopHQ. I was looking at the site yesterday and the free shipping applies to a number of different stores. Plus, ShopHQ issues members a 5% rebate on their orders. You have to shop and order trough the VIP site to get all of this. I don't know how subscriptions work an if they even would qualify.

I only buy Isomers from them so I am skeptical of the value.

@theloungeboy, it's up to $500.00 a year on the other marketplace stores.  I didn't notice that.  I thought you just got free s/h and returns on SHQ.  I didn't look to see what the other marketplace stores are.

However, you pay the s/h up front and then have to make a claim to get reimbursed.  That also sounds like a major pain and I wonder how many people are going to eventually just stop doing it?

IMO if you are going to pay a fee that nets you free s/h, you shouldn't have to pay it up front and make a claim to get reimbursed.    

Frequent Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I totally agree. 

New Contributor

I don't like their shipping fees but their prices more than make up for it. QVC and HSN shipping has gotten out of control Their prices over all a so much hire than Shop HQ. I watch the Sat morning show "Wake up in Style" and I get great cloths for great prices far better than QVC/HSN (Most things) I can get a 100 pair of jeans for 30.00 yeah the shipping is usually 5.00 but I get free shipping so I'm making out like a bandit. Their product line up is getting better with this new CEO. 

Honored Contributor

@MaryMargo wrote:

I don't like their shipping fees but their prices more than make up for it. QVC and HSN shipping has gotten out of control Their prices over all a so much hire than Shop HQ. I watch the Sat morning show "Wake up in Style" and I get great cloths for great prices far better than QVC/HSN (Most things) I can get a 100 pair of jeans for 30.00 yeah the shipping is usually 5.00 but I get free shipping so I'm making out like a bandit. Their product line up is getting better with this new CEO. 

A 100 pair of jeans for 30.00?  

Not sure how you are getting free s/h.  If you are paying that monthly fee for free s/h, you aren't really getting free s/h.  You are still paying for it.  

Honored Contributor

So, I ordered a pair of diamond hoops that are on clearance today. Yesterday, they were on flash sale of an extra 20% but the flash sale wasn't working. You had to pay the full price and then CS would credit your card (within 2 billing cycles) the difference (in this case, it would be $165). I said nope and that was that. 

Today they are on sale below the clearance but still not as good as the price would have been yesterday. I called CS (there was no one there after 5pm on a Sunday) and spoke with a gentleman who not only gave me yesterdays flash price but took an additional $25 off for my inconvenience. Shipping, btw, is $11 for these earrings. He asked me if I wanted to sign up for the VIP program and explained it to me. If I said yes, here is what would have happened:

*no charge for the next 30 days. Then $16.99 a month.

* My shipping for my earrings would be waved instantly (savings of $11).

*5% off my earrings instantly (savings of $31).

*5% back off of any purchase from over 3000 vendors (all I've shopped with over the past month and would have netted me hundreds of dollars back) plus Shop HQ items.

*free returns on all items (not just Shop HQ).

If you purchase large ticket items/bulk items, it's a pretty good deal. What he told me matches the info on the Shop HQ VIP site. I'm thinking about it.

Trusted Contributor

I thought it was just me, couldn't get that flash sale to work for me. I changed browsers, changed from iPad to laptop, no luck. Just gave up coz talking to their CS is aggravation I don't need on a Sunday night! 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Shop HQ Shipping Fees

[ Edited ]

Yes that clearance flash sale was a royal pain. It eventually worked when it only had a few hours left but it didn't work on everything marked clearance. Crazy. I did order a few things but in the morning I cancelled them since they obviously had marked them up just to mark them down. 

Edited to add that I emailed them to complain. They replied with an apology and an offer to honor the 20% off if I still wanted to make a purchase. They at least get props for that.