Honored Contributor

Re: Shop HQ Shipping Fees

[ Edited ]

A few weeks ago when I was watching, I noticed that new VIP program and my first thought too was that we will never get any shipping deals again.

It has been a very long time since they offered free s/h to those who have a ShopHQ credit card.  Then they did away with the bundled shipping during Wake up in Style.  Now the VIP program.

I think it's time for me to close my SHQ credit card.  There is no reason to have it.  There are no deals anymore or benefits to the card. 

The last purchase I made was from a fashion day on the 19th and I just received my top yesterday. That is unusually slow shipping from them.  I wonder if that's another problem for them?  I'm also glad what I bought was a once only price because it was barely worth that.  No way was it worth the original price.    

Honored Contributor

They seem to be offering free shipping for some items, not all but a few. 

Honored Contributor

My husband helps keep them in business with his ever growing Invicta Watch Collection! LOL! I rarely order from them, unless it is to buy a watch for hubby..... 

Honored Contributor

Pretty much all I buy from ShopHQ is Isomers. I can buy it from her site other than the specials. ShopHQ made a big mistake with their ridiculous shipping they came out with. I don't order enough to pay their yearly fee. Guess they will find out it's not helping sales.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what this VIP shipping deal is. From what I've read here, you're supposed to pay $17.99 ($18.00) a MONTH for free shipping?! That works out to $215.88 A YEAR to get FREE SHIPPING.

This can NOT be correct.

The idea of paying a fee for free shipping is not unique to SHopHQ but the price they are charging is outrageous and asinine.

To Compare:

I pay $35 a YEAR for free shipping with Selfridges (located in London). This handles EVERYTHING so all I pay is what I see on the screen; they pay everything else. When I tell you that paying $35 a YEAR for this is worth its weight in gold, I am not kidding. Of course, it's meant for those who SHOP there but LOOK at the HUGE price difference AND what you get for what you're paying.

Now, if ShopHQ is charging $17.99 ($18.00) a YEAR and you get free shipping, well, that's a great deal.

Honored Contributor

In all fairness to Shop HQ, I will say that there are couple of other perks than free shipping to getting their VIP plan, also free returns and rewards too. But, paying 17 or more a month  for it in most cases is probably not worthwhile. 

Super Contributor

Besides the high shipping and to me high prices, I can't convince them that in my state they are not suppose to be charging tax on supplements.   A couple of the Consult supplements seem to work better for me, but after adding the tax they get a lot higher than a similar product bought elsewhere.   

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shop HQ Shipping Fees

[ Edited ]

They are probably aping the amazon prime/costco business model charging a membership fee, free returns etc. For this to work they need to offer a wide range of products so member can recuperate what they are paying for. How is it a good deal for consumers is beyond me Cat Tongue 

Honored Contributor

@claros wrote:

Besides the high shipping and to me high prices, I can't convince them that in my state they are not suppose to be charging tax on supplements.   A couple of the Consult supplements seem to work better for me, but after adding the tax they get a lot higher than a similar product bought elsewhere.   

I am right there with you, here in MD we do NOT pay tax on any supplements. I have tried calling Shop HQ CS and telling them that, and they say they wont refund the tax, i have told them to speak to their accounting dept to no avail, so like you, I refuse to ever buy any supplements or health related item from them again. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I don't know what this VIP shipping deal is. From what I've read here, you're supposed to pay $17.99 ($18.00) a MONTH for free shipping?! That works out to $215.88 A YEAR to get FREE SHIPPING.

This can NOT be correct.

The idea of paying a fee for free shipping is not unique to SHopHQ but the price they are charging is outrageous and asinine.

To Compare:

I pay $35 a YEAR for free shipping with Selfridges (located in London). This handles EVERYTHING so all I pay is what I see on the screen; they pay everything else. When I tell you that paying $35 a YEAR for this is worth its weight in gold, I am not kidding. Of course, it's meant for those who SHOP there but LOOK at the HUGE price difference AND what you get for what you're paying.

Now, if ShopHQ is charging $17.99 ($18.00) a YEAR and you get free shipping, well, that's a great deal.

@SahmIam, that is a monthly fee. But in addition to free s/h you also get free returns and you get 5% back on your purchase, like a rebate.  There are also other sites that you can shop at and get 5% cash back for becoming a VIP.