Trusted Contributor

Re: Shop/Evine VIP shipping program...uggh! Buyers BEWARE

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

It's far from the truth. Anyone who signed up thinking they could test drive it for a month will prob find it difficult to cancel and will most likely be out more $$$ than had they paid the stupid non-competitive $7 fee to ship a beauty serum! 

Their shipping fees are now higher across all categories than before, and it was already non-competitive! They NEED the shipping fees to compensate the staff (only after they pay those in the executive suite, lol) it's beyond shady.

Agree about the high shipping prices but unless you are in the program you would not know if it is difficult canceling. I havn't seen higher shipping prices across the board. Maybe a few categories.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Donna Salyers is back with some shows tmrw. I was interested in some items for gifts.

Since no one here has posted about their VIP shipping program experience, I called CS to ask about details. Get this...the essence of the 'program' is them sending customers a monthly check, in essence a reimbursement of your out of pocket expense for shipping and/or returns!

You PAY THEM $17/month to be in the 'VIP' program  and you will still pay for shipping and return fees upfront when you place your orders Woman Surprised :womantongue:  

Can you only imagine what it will take to make sure you get your $$$ refunded? Good luck if there is a dispute!!!

Chaos and Insanity best describes the continued 'evolution' of that retailer!

I read about this on their website when it first came out and it said members got free shipping and returns.  But it's still not worth it to me.  I thought it was obviously skewed to benefit the business and take advantage of most customers.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hard to believe a bona fide corporation would dream up something that convoluted.  Considering their questionable financial stability, the reimbursements are iffy at best.

Exactly @Kachina624  -  they are financially unstable. This new 'program' is purely to create cash flow, even if temporary. It's also foolish to have their credit card for obvious reasons...

Why? If you don't pay it off every month then it might be. It's great getting free shipping with it. 

@BdBettyB You have to pay the normal shipping fees and then wait for them to send you a check back.  In the meantime, you are paying the $17 a month for the program just to wait for them to send you your monthly check.

send a check?

hmm

that's red flaggy

Trusted Contributor

I cringe at the thought of having to call them for any reason. Never considered enrolling in this program, looked shady from the get go. They have a lot of coupons these days, that kind of offsets the shipping. 

Honored Contributor

I watched yesterday and Heather Hall gave detailed info on this VIP.  She was the first one to do so.  If I was thinking about it I am not any longer.  That has got to be the worst idea ever.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have their CC, I pay in full when there is a blaance, so to me it is just like any other CC, nothing more , nothing less. 

Their VIP plan is a joke, buit then again there is a sucker born every minute!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have their CC, I pay in full when there is a blaance, so to me it is just like any other CC, nothing more , nothing less. 

Exactly. Thank you. Clearly there are no  "obvious reasons." LOL!

New Contributor

I agree....  I didn't 'buy' into it BUT I agree just beware of shop HQ