Honored Contributor

Shop/Evine VIP shipping program...uggh! Buyers BEWARE

Donna Salyers is back with some shows tmrw. I was interested in some items for gifts.

Since no one here has posted about their VIP shipping program experience, I called CS to ask about details. Get this...the essence of the 'program' is them sending customers a monthly check, in essence a reimbursement of your out of pocket expense for shipping and/or returns!

You PAY THEM $17/month to be in the 'VIP' program  and you will still pay for shipping and return fees upfront when you place your orders Woman Surprised :womantongue:  

Can you only imagine what it will take to make sure you get your $$$ refunded? Good luck if there is a dispute!!!

Chaos and Insanity best describes the continued 'evolution' of that retailer!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: Shop/Evine VIP shipping program...uggh! Buyers BEWARE

Hard to believe a bona fide corporation would dream up something that convoluted.  Considering their questionable financial stability, the reimbursements are iffy at best.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

There were weird things going on at Evine before but when Invicta took over some bizarre things started to happen. This program being one of them.

I just stick with the ShopHQ card and wait for free shipping specials like today with Active Agran. 

Oh, there are a few threads already about this same topic. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hard to believe a bona fide corporation would dream up something that convoluted.  Considering their questionable financial stability, the reimbursements are iffy at best.

Exactly @Kachina624  -  they are financially unstable. This new 'program' is purely to create cash flow, even if temporary. It's also foolish to have their credit card for obvious reasons...

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

It's also foolish to have their credit card for obvious reasons...

Why? What are the obvious reasons? Like with any credit card if you don't pay it off every month then it might be. It's great getting free shipping with it. 

Respected Contributor

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Exactly @Kachina624  -  they are financially unstable. This new 'program' is purely to create cash flow, even if temporary. It's also foolish to have their credit card for obvious reasons...

Why? If you don't pay it off every month then it might be. It's great getting free shipping with it. 

@BdBettyB You have to pay the normal shipping fees and then wait for them to send you a check back.  In the meantime, you are paying the $17 a month for the program just to wait for them to send you your monthly check.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Linmo wrote:

@BdBettyB wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why? If you don't pay it off every month then it might be. It's great getting free shipping with it. 

@BdBettyB You have to pay the normal shipping fees and then wait for them to send you a check back.  In the meantime, you are paying the $17 a month for the program just to wait for them to send you your monthly check.

Oh no. I was commenting on  having the ShopHQ card. Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing @Chi-town girl I researched this program and immediately moved on. Can you imagine how many people actually signed up for this program probably thinking it will be easy to get their shipping/returns refunded.

I guess you would benefit if you shopped a great deal on ShopHQ then spending $17 may be worth the investment but it would not be a good one for me.

Trusted Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

I guess you would benefit if you shopped a great deal on ShopHQ then spending $17 may be worth the investment but it would not be a good one for me.

I shop a lot there but not enough to offset the price and time spent with all the refund work.

Honored Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

Thanks for sharing @Chi-town girl I researched this program and immediately moved on. Can you imagine how many people actually signed up for this program probably thinking it will be easy to get their shipping/returns refunded.

@GAQShopr53  - you're welcome! What's equally appalling is how they're promoting this 'free ship/return' program. I've watched some shows after they launched this VIP  money grab program and the hosts have said you pay $17 and get free ship/returns...suggesting that when you place orders, your shipping is free and no worries about returns,  it's free Woman Tongue 

It's far from the truth. Anyone who signed up thinking they could test drive it for a month will prob find it difficult to cancel and will most likely be out more $$$ than had they paid the stupid non-competitive $7 fee to ship a beauty serum! 

Their shipping fees are now higher across all categories than before, and it was already non-competitive! They NEED the shipping fees to compensate the staff (only after they pay those in the executive suite, lol) it's beyond shady...