Trusted Contributor

Re: Shipping is a deal breaker

@rms1954 wrote:

Why not post this on HSN community to get your point across.

Very few people post there. No one from HSN responds on any of the threads except the Customer Service thread, and those responses are spotty. Years ago, the HSN Community was a very busy place. Now it's deserted.

Honored Contributor

HSN gave away so much with coupons and free shipping that they were teetering on the brink of bankruptcy when QVC took over.  They can't afford more "giveaways".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

HSN gave away so much with coupons and free shipping that they were teetering on the brink of bankruptcy when QVC took over.  They can't afford more "giveaways".

May be true. I noticed last night SSC was on Evine and almost every item was $6.99 shipping. An easy pass. Right now YBF is on HSN and I am seeing free shipping. I don't really use anything from that line but I will be tempted to try something new. I even like S&H included. 

Trusted Contributor

I live in a smaller city where the availability of retail shopping outlets is few.  Most of my shopping is done online.  Free shipping gets my business every time.  Easy-pay is no big deal, I'm still paying the high shipping costs.  I don't mind reasonable shopping fees, but if I order a small jar of eye cream and have to pay a $7.95 shipping fee and tax, I take my business elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I learned the hard way about easy pay and it is not for me.   All those little amounts add up eventually in to one big credit card bill.   I prefer to not use easy pay - I pay the full price at once, and get it over with, or don't buy at all if the total amount of an item is too much for my budget.

BINGO @PhilaLady1!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

You have total control of the shipping charges.  Buy fewer things or stop shopping with QVC and HSN.  They aren't going to base shipping charges on what you want.  I don't even understand how anyone can think that $3.50 for clothing, $5.00 for shoes is high.  But there are retailers who have free shipping.

AK & HI customers would LOVE to only have to pay $3.50 or even $5.00 for shipping.  Average shipping for a piece of clothing from QVC to HI is $11.50.  I just paid $27 shipping for my WEN gallon.  If it’s something I want bad enough, I’ll pay the shipping.  I just wish they would give us a break sometimes & at least charge us what they charge the rest of the country.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I really cannot understand why anyone would pay for shipping when shopping online! There is too much competition out there now to pick a company that insists on shipping costs. I only shop where there's free shipping to me and free returns. 

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

i agree with you. i am not ordering as much these days as i used to.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same for me! Shipping fees stop me from buying, And free shipping can be a go on a purchase- 

I dislike Easy pay. When the credit card bill comes, those little charges dont even show or view back to the original purchase or date!  So I can’t tell if they are even correct, or what I bought. I dislike that- I carefully check my credit card bills. Easy pay is not an incentive for me-  But I guess I see how it helps others, esp afford more expensive purchases. 

Respected Contributor

Hsn shipping is no better than QVC.  It has taken 10+ days to get Deborah Lippman nail polish.