Respected Contributor

Shipping costs for beauty...

Why does QVC charge $3.00 to ship Philosphy state of grace collection but charges $8.95 to return it?  Makes no sense to me.  Not real pleased with the TSV.  THe fragrance  is NOT what is used to be.  I really need to quit buying things here!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping costs for beauty...

Because they want you to get in home and not return it 

Esteemed Contributor

when you're going to give UPS a million packages every year I'm sure they'll work out a bulk rate bargain price for you too.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl  May I suggest ordering from Nordstrom.  Free shipping and free returns.  I purchased the normal size body wash which is around $18 for $12.  This was a gift.  Nordstrom meets anyone's sales so that's how I got the low price.  I recently purchased Lancome's Vie la est belle rollerball for $22. And, it is a Parfum.   Right now they have a lot of different beauty items on sale.  Check it out.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Of course, they hope you will not return it, but shipping is outrageously expensive. 

Just go to the post office and watch the surprise when most packages of 1 to 3 pounds cost $12 to $25!   Most people do not send packages much anymore.  Yes, QVC gets a significant volume discount but a 2 or 3# box costs them alot more than $3.  The only thing that the $3 charge covers is items that are only 2 or 3oz that they can send first class. First class is the cheapest way to send but for companies it only goes up to 16oz (and it is now generally slower than priority mail).

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@bargainsgirl  May I suggest ordering from Nordstrom.  Free shipping and free returns.  I purchased the normal size body wash which is around $18 for $12.  This was a gift.  Nordstrom meets anyone's sales so that's how I got the low price.  I recently purchased Lancome's Vie la est belle rollerball for $22. And, it is a Parfum.   Right now they have a lot of different beauty items on sale.  Check it out.  Cat Happy

@Katcat1  I only purchase where shipping is free and it’s not difficult to find those sites or dept. stores. Most sites have no minimum for free shipping either.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1  I only purchase where shipping is free and it’s not difficult to find those sites or dept. stores. Most sites have no minimum for free shipping either.

@Shanus can you share what some of those stores are? I find it difficult to find stores that don't want you to buy a minimum amount before offering free shipping except of course for a day here and there at special times of the year.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I know what you mean.  I was going to order some lipstick from Zuilly until I found out the shipping was $7.95.  I don't think so and I never went back to that site.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  I know what you mean.  I was going to order some lipstick from Zuilly until I found out the shipping was $7.95.  I don't think so and I never went back to that site.

@Katcat1 that's what I'm saying! Other than Nordstrom, I'm not coming up with any sites with free shipping! Maybe @Shanus will share some of the sites she uses?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse  Okay, if you shop at iherb.com which carries beauty items, makeup, my Acure Organics items, elf, food items, etc.  Spend $20 and get free shpg.  Acure Organics spend $25 get free shpg.  Neiman Marcus free shpg,, Saks Fifth Ave. free shpg.  Clarks shoes free shpg.  Josie Maran spend $25 free shpg.  That is all I can think of now.  The Q is getting greedy.  Maybe if they shut down some of the extra stations they have, things would be under control.

kindness is strength