Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping costs for beauty...

@Katcat1 thanks for taking the time to list all your suggestions! Shanus stated that there are many sites that offer free shipping with no minimum and although the sites you listed offer relatively low minimum purchase requirements, sometimes I just want to order a lipstick (like you mentioned at Zulily) and I don't want to spend $25 in order to get free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse  I just remembered Estee Lauder and Chanel offer free shipping.  However, there prices reflect that in some cases.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@bargainsgirl  May I suggest ordering from Nordstrom.  Free shipping and free returns.  I purchased the normal size body wash which is around $18 for $12.  This was a gift.  Nordstrom meets anyone's sales so that's how I got the low price.  I recently purchased Lancome's Vie la est belle rollerball for $22. And, it is a Parfum.   Right now they have a lot of different beauty items on sale.  Check it out.  Cat Happy

@Katcat1  I only purchase where shipping is free and it’s not difficult to find those sites or dept. stores. Most sites have no minimum for free shipping either.

@Shanus can you share what some of those stores are? I find it difficult to find stores that don't want you to buy a minimum amount before offering free shipping except of course for a day here and there at special times of the year.

@Texasmouse   Nordstrom is my main “go to”. Just ordered 1 BB lip pencil for $22...no shipping. Macy’s is usually $50 minimum but every weekend has special sales/codes online for extra discounts & free ship. The sites where I get my SkinCeuticals & other skincare like my PTR Pads  (will be deleted if I post), also free ship with no minimum.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Katcat1 thanks for taking the time to list all your suggestions! Shanus stated that there are many sites that offer free shipping with no minimum and although the sites you listed offer relatively low minimum purchase requirements, sometimes I just want to order a lipstick (like you mentioned at Zulily) and I don't want to spend $25 in order to get free shipping. 

@Texasmouse  You can spend $10 at Nordstrom and receive free ship.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Texasmouse  I just remembered Estee Lauder and Chanel offer free shipping.  However, there prices reflect that in some cases.

@Katcat1  Sometimes you have to shop around. Business is not great for everyone....I go online and compare one site to another. If one has free ship, I’ll call the other and see if they’ll offer it, too. I let them know if not, I’ll be purchasing from the free ship site. Competition works wonders for consumers.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  I know what you mean.  I was going to order some lipstick from Zuilly until I found out the shipping was $7.95.  I don't think so and I never went back to that site.

@Katcat1 I’ll never purchase online from a site where you can not return an item and only receive credit. Bye bye Zuilly!