Respected Contributor

Shimmer Eyeliner Do You Like It?

I was watching Laura Geller I taped the show that was on at 3am and she was selling eyeliners with shimmer. I personally don't like shimmer in my eyeliner. I had the Teddy by Mac and all I could see was the shimmer and it was all around my eye that I had to wash off with a makeup remover. I think maybe for a night time look but would you honestly wear it in the daytime? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Shimmer Eyeliner Do You Like It?

@cuddlesmamawrote:

I was watching Laura Geller I taped the show that was on at 3am and she was selling eyeliners with shimmer. I personally don't like shimmer in my eyeliner. I had the Teddy by Mac and all I could see was the shimmer and it was all around my eye that I had to wash off with a makeup remover. I think maybe for a night time look but would you honestly wear it in the daytime? 

@cuddlesmama  I’ve stopped wearing shimmer products on my eyes at my age except at night, I may place a dot of shimmer shadow at center of lid. I think it distracts from the aging eye, especially if lids are not smoothe.

Honored Contributor

I kind of do the same @Shanus...just a little on my upper lid, close to the center and near my lash line usually right above my regular liner. I think it makes my eyes look more open that way and since I have the Asian mono-lid, it's sometimes a bit challenging to get it to look right.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

I kind of do the same @Shanus...just a little on my upper lid, close to the center and near my lash line usually right above my regular liner. I think it makes my eyes look more open that way and since I have the Asian mono-lid, it's sometimes a bit challenging to get it to look right.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  Have you learned to tightline? Perfect for the Asian eye or any eye w/ hooded lid.

Respected Contributor

I like a little shimmer at night...but not glitter. During the day, I use a matte or semi-matte in the crease and outer corner of the eye and a satin on the eyelid.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

I think I learned how to tightline in the womb Woman LOL @Shanus. And I was born with an eyelash curler in hand.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Only as a liner and then it's subtle. I find that the "shimmer" brings out my eyes/makes them look more awake when used that way. 

Honored Contributor

No

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

I think I learned how to tightline in the womb Woman LOL @Shanus. And I was born with an eyelash curler in hand.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  Lol. 😂😂😂😂

Respected Contributor

I received Laura's Brown Eyed Girl eyeliner in a package it is perfect color and seems to hae some shimmer,  I like it