Valued Contributor

Re: Shelf life of Argan Oil?

It will last longer if you keep it in the refrigerator. Same for lipsticks, fragrance, etc

Honored Contributor

@jewel3 wrote:

It will last longer if you keep it in the refrigerator. Same for lipsticks, fragrance, etc

@jewel3

True, but I don't have THAT much space available in my fridge ....  I just have to be careful which items I stock up on, and which I purchase as needed.

Valued Contributor

That's so true for most of us. You are probably better at that than I. 

Trusted Contributor

I wish she included a "bottled" date.  I purchased a little kit a year or so ago that contained a travel sized 1-ounce bottle of argan oil.  It was rancid when I first opened it.  I don't know how long it had been sitting in a Q warehouse before it shipped to me.  My hunch is that this is why some of us have had great longevity, while others note the product goes rancid sooner.  

I have been buying my argan and rosehip seed oils from a local health food store for considerably less, but am considering Josie's "argan light" oil.  Considered buying that product from Q, but again, worried about the shelf life.  I don't want to receive a bottle of 2-year old argan light oil from Q that goes rancid in 6 months.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies!  Smiley Happy

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
New Contributor

After reading some of these remarks, I'm still very tempted to buy this huge value, but do worry about preservative free oil going rancid. That's no bargain.
However, I'm sure there's a big giant online store that sells EVERYTHING, where one can source a few ½ oz or 1 oz dropper bottles in dark brown glass (glass! NO MORE PLASTIC!!), and I can decant into those little dropper bottles. Then, store in fridge, tightly closed. Or, a little ½ oz size would thrill the ladies on your Xmas list if they found one in their stocking! (Remember to refrigerate your back stock for longer life.)