Respected Contributor

Sheamoisture Eyeliner & Lipstick!

Sheamoisture Makeup is new to my Ulta. It was originally geared toward women of color but now they are expanding for women of all color, which all cosmetic co.'s should catered to.... Ulta carries SM Serum foundation which is a light/med  coverage with a satin finish which has good reviews.The lightest shade Nude was too yellow based for me by just looking at it, otherwise I would have tryed it.

I was at Ulta to repurchase my UD 24-7 pencil liner but because of the reviews, I wanted to try SM Ultra Long Wear Eye Pencil Liner which is waterproof. Glad I did  because it lasts all day on me, without smudging & applies so smoothly Comes in 9 colors for 8.99.

Also pleased with SM Shea Butter Luscious Lipstick. I find it to be a hydrating cream lipstick. Love the Tea Rose & Red Rose!  Really like the packaging for the price of 9.99  & it comes in 13 colors.

The Mineral Eyeshadow Palletts wet/dry were out of stock except one.. I have enough shadows but they do get good reviews. One of my shampoos & contitioners are by SM.

I have body cream from JM & 100% Pure etc, so when I finish one of them, I want to try one of their body lotions & washes. Do any of you ladies use Shea Moisture? If so, what is your favorite or favorites from that line? Its a plus for those who want a natural product.

Super Contributor

Re: Sheamoisture Eyeliner & Lipstick!

LOVE SheaMoisture!!   Been using their bar soap for a couple of years.  My husband and I use the Coconut and Habiscus and truly like it.  The scent is not over powering but what a huge bar.  We try to get it when Walgreens has their buy one and 2nd is 50% off---which they are having now.  Going to get the foaming milk and body wash in the same scent.  It is 5 stars and the reviews are great.  I did look up the lipsticks on the Ulta site---very pretty!!

Enjoy your goodies!

Respected Contributor

@@addtothis Yes! I do want to try coconut hibiscus. Also, their body wash....Glad you love it.. I love the liner & lipstick & that was a pleasant surprise. Enjoy yours as wellSmiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

Sheamoisture Makeup is new to my Ulta. It was originally geared toward women of color but now they are expanding for women of all color, which all cosmetic co.'s should catered to.... Ulta carries SM Serum foundation which is a light/med  coverage with a satin finish which has good reviews.The lightest shade Nude was too yellow based for me by just looking at it, otherwise I would have tryed it.

I was at Ulta to repurchase my UD 24-7 pencil liner but because of the reviews, I wanted to try SM Ultra Long Wear Eye Pencil Liner which is waterproof. Glad I did  because it lasts all day on me, without smudging & applies so smoothly Comes in 9 colors for 8.99.

Also pleased with SM Shea Butter Luscious Lipstick. I find it to be a hydrating cream lipstick. Love the Tea Rose & Red Rose!  Really like the packaging for the price of 9.99  & it comes in 13 colors.

The Mineral Eyeshadow Palletts wet/dry were out of stock except one.. I have enough shadows but they do get good reviews. One of my shampoos & contitioners are by SM.

I have body cream from JM & 100% Pure etc, so when I finish one of them, I want to try one of their body lotions & washes. Do any of you ladies use Shea Moisture? If so, what is your favorite or favorites from that line? Its a plus for those who want a natural product.

Wow, I didn't know Shea Moisture has eyeliner and lipstick. I would love to try it out sometime!

I tried Shea Moisture's African Black Soap and really liked it. But it did leaves black scum in soap holder in the bathroom.  I tried the Coconut and Hibiscus Body lotion before and enjoyed it. I also tried Olive and Green Tea Body lotion, too, and enjoyed that, too. But I moved on from their body lotions because I grew tired of it after a while. (I don't stick with one brand or one scent of body butter/lotions for too long. I like to change it up).  I am currently using Shea Moisture's Manuka Honey & mafura Oil Intensive Hair Masque. It smells really nice and seem to work pretty well so far.  I might try the body butter in the scent next when I use up my other body butters.

Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007 Their eyeliners are like silk going on & long lasting.. I wanted to buy the sheer gloss in quava but they were out of stock I am more into sheer glosses on top of lippies that are not overly glossy or sticky. I was told that their lip liners are formulated the same as their eyeliners but only sold on line. The shades are neutrals in light, medium & dark. I would be interested in the light & med. when I use up one of my more nude lip liners. I haven't checked out target yet. 

Valued Contributor

I use several of their hair care products which are great for curly hair.  I did not know they have makeup - will have to look for it in Ulta.

Super Contributor

Hi All,   Just took my bath/shower with the SheaMoisture Coconut Hibiscus Foaming Milk body wash---OMGoodness!!  That stuff smells SO, SO GOOD---not over the top but so lucious!!  You will not be sorry getting that.  Hubby went down to Walgreens and picked up two bottles (sale) and also two more bars of the soap!  We are very loaded with that now.

LOL!!  All I can say it smelled like coconut cake but not too rich.   I stay away from chemical layeden products.  Strictly using Suzzane Organics skincare and cosmetics from Suzanne and Red Apple Lipstick.  I do check the labels really good with 3 sites for safety.  Really enjoyed reading all your posts.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use several SM products and have for a number of years now. I love coconut scented stuff but the SM coconut hibiscus is just a scent I don't like for some reason.I liked it at first but the scent really started getting to me and now I just don't like it.

I really love a few of the baby product lotions (wonderful scents- olive and marula is my favorite -long, Lingering scent) and a few of their regular line scented body lotions. I haven't had much luck with their shampoos and conditions though, except their Coconut hibiscus co-wash conditioning cleanser but, again, I don't like the scent so I haven't repurchased. I wish it had come in different scents. Their hair products are not moisturizing enough for my hair which is odd because the ingredients are really nice. Most just seem drying. 

Anyway, I would definitely be interested in trying some of their makeup products. I will have to see if my Ulta carries it or my Whole foods. Thanks for the heads up.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella,  Hi K,   I checked Shea Moisture online.  I am looking for a medium shade not too intense.  When I was in my late 20's I wore a lipstick by Chanel that was an orange/red.  I loved that color and it was discontinuted or renamed.  I love Healthy Lips by Laura Mercier as it's not too intense for day wear.   I also love this Niagara Overlook Lip Crayon by Burt's Bees and I would purchase again.  I am always looking for that perfect shade which is probably in my head if you know what I mean.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@addtothis wrote:

Hi All,   Just took my bath/shower with the SheaMoisture Coconut Hibiscus Foaming Milk body wash---OMGoodness!!  That stuff smells SO, SO GOOD---not over the top but so lucious!!  You will not be sorry getting that.  Hubby went down to Walgreens and picked up two bottles (sale) and also two more bars of the soap!  We are very loaded with that now.

LOL!!  All I can say it smelled like coconut cake but not too rich.   I stay away from chemical layeden products.  Strictly using Suzzane Organics skincare and cosmetics from Suzanne and Red Apple Lipstick.  I do check the labels really good with 3 sites for safety.  Really enjoyed reading all your posts.   

@addtothis what do you think of the Red Apple Lipstick line?