Honored Contributor

I know there are plenty of dry skin threads, but i have had this problem ,my skin also burns a little  been using shea butter at night,it really had helped.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I love shea butter. I am using a brand called Barr-Co. out of St. Louis. A local store used to carry it, but they stopped, and I found it on Amazon. The fragrance is a very light vanilla. The main ingredients are milk, oatmeal, vanilla and vetiver (I had to look up vetiver...earthy, woodsy, relaxing).

The lotion is a medium consistency and blends quickly into the skin. I also have the hand lotion (in a tube) and hand wash. 

Honored Contributor

I have bought a vat (a few lbs in a tub) of the raw shea butter years ago. I had a really bad time and nothing helped. Shea butter (athough greasy as all heck) was the only thing that didn't irritate my skin. I haven't bought anymore since I finished it. 

I know L'Occitane is all about shea butter, but the raw stuff is hard core. I now apply olive oil if my skin is having a hard time adjusting to the weather. When the weather goes from warm to cold or vise versa, my skin goes nuts.

Honored Contributor

Which one do you use @goldensrbest

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Perfect body harmony,on amazon,by the way i ordered your cream,from piping rock.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: Shea butter

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Perfect body harmony,on amazon,by the way i ordered your cream,from piping rock.

Thanks @goldensrbest. I like that  shea is organic. Hope you like that cream from PR. It's my fave of all the ones I've tried from them. Let me know how you like it.Woman Happy

Occasional Visitor

The Pure Nilotica Melt by LXMI is the highest grade of shea butter that you can find. It is what I use and you should give it a try.