Honored Contributor

She’s Married!

[ Edited ]

Thanks to everyone here in the Beauty forum who has tagged me with kind messages.  The wedding was everything we planned for.  It was quite windy, but perfect temperature and no rain!  My daughter looked stunning and her face was just so lit up with joy.  Our son-in-law's vows would make any mom and dad tear up.  He's truly her perfect match, plenty of things in common but also enough opposites to balance one another.  Setting up the venue was an all day affair on Friday and then back early yesterday morning for the final touches.  The men dressed at our house and I fed them lunch.  All were very polite and appreciative.  Our kids have some really nice friends. Our reception food was outstanding.  We had an award winning caterer who doesn't shortcut anything.  I can't say enough good things about our floral designer.  All the decorative sprays and such were made of high quality silk flowers.  I'm returning everything to him this week so he can disassemble it all and repurpose the flowers into fall wreaths for our daughter and I - maybe some other people.  MANY people told me i need to be an event planner or go to work for the venue. It's a nice compliment but I don't see it happening at this point in my life except for maybe one or two brides I personally know. We'll see.  

My dress was a deep, dusty rose color.  My wedding makeup (done by me) was...

NYX Primer (can't remember the name but it's the dupe for Smashbox Photo Finish)

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation

NYX Bronzing Serum

Pur Minerals Bronzer

Laura Geller Pink Buttercream Blush

Tarte Love, Trust, Fairy Dust Pallet 

Laura Geller Kajal Eyeliner

Essence Lash Primer

Essence Lash Princess Mascara (waterproof)

LG Lipstick in a long narrow tube that originally came in a trio - a rosy mauve shade.  
Revlon Lipgloss Dusk Darling (repeat applications throughout the evening)

I was completely wiped out last night and did something I never do...went to bed without doing anything to my face.  When I got up this morning, I got into the bathroom immediately, to get all that off and get some skincare on. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch - I was so happy to see your post.  Thought of you often yesterday.  The day sounds wonderful, beautiful, and just perfect.  Your makeup sounds perfect too.  So happy for all of you!  Now rest today!  

Esteemed Contributor

HOW SPECIAL!!!!!

SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!  ONE YOU WILL ALWAYS TREASURE!!!!

WISH THEM A LIFETIME OF HAPPINESS!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Sounds like it all went very well and all of your hard work and planning really paid off. 👍 

I'm sure the happy couple appreciate all you did to create a beautiful event.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Congratulations!!! It sounds like everything went well @JeanLouiseFinch .💐💕

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the update. Your dress and makeup sound beautiful together. I wish your daughter and son-in-law the very best.

I looked up your eyeshadow palette and it is very pretty!

Limited-Edition Love, Trust & Fairy Dust Eye & Cheek Palette

Honored Contributor

Congratulations....beautiful wedding day.  Wishing years of happiness and health ahead for your family.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations @JeanLouiseFinch to your daughter and family!  I thought about you yesterday.  So glad the day went well.  Your makeup list sounds great and I bet you were stunning - along with the bride.  

Now you relax a bit.  Maybe you should plan an event or two on the side since you have a knack for it!  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch,

So glad everything went well. 

Congratulations Wedding Day GIF - Congratulations Wedding Day Celebrating GIFs

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Congratulations @JeanLouiseFinch to your daughter and family!  I thought about you yesterday.  So glad the day went well.  Your makeup list sounds great and I bet you were stunning - along with the bride.  

Now you relax a bit.  Maybe you should plan an event or two on the side since you have a knack for it!  

@San Antonio Gal  I may do that for certain people.  Our son-in-law's brother and fiancé were both in the bridal party. She wants my help. We'll see.