Trusted Contributor

Re: She Convinced Me!

[ Edited ]

@monicakm She's definitely different than Mel, but I think you will like her.  She has some of that sweet soul energy that Mel had.  She's has a much more classic style so I'm not as excited by her looks, but there's just something about her that I really like.  She also has some great tips.

She was friends with Mel and she had a wonderful tribute to her shortly after Mel passed.  If you're interested in watching it, it's titled "A GRWM and Tribute to Mel".  Be prepared though, if you're like me, it will make you cry.

She and Mel also did a collab on each of their channels about doing things out of their comfort zone.  If you search YouTube for "Lisa J and Mel Thompson" I think you'll find them both and I think you'll enjoy them.

I still miss "Hey Beauties" Heart

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I'm going to shut down and watch on my tv in my bedroom.  While reading your post, I was thinking to myself, I'm going to cry all over again (it's already started) Smiley Sad  I think we both loved her like a best friend.  How could anyone not?

OK, I've got all the vids loaded up and ready to go.  Thank you @lkat 

Mel.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm I'm watching them again now and am just as sad watching Lisa's video as I was the first time Smiley Sad.  I know that "influencers" get a lot of heat/disdain, especially on this message board.  A lot of it is justified, however, I believe there are truly some genuine people out there. 

I've watched a lot of beauty videos over the years and there are plenty that I enjoy for their content.  I love makeup so I enjoy seeing creative people use/review it.  However, there are only a couple that I wish I had the opportunity to know in real life because something about them touches me. Mel was always the one I would've wanted to know the most and Lisa is right up there too.

I'm sure most of the ladies on this board don't understand, but that's ok, I get it.  I am glad to know that you understand @monicakm .  I hope you enjoy the videos, even if Lisa's tribute makes you sad Heart

Honored Contributor

@lkat and @monicakm - I also have quite a few of Lisa J brushes and have the brush collaboration with Angie Hot & Flashy.  Her brushes are great.  This lipstick/lip pencil order was my first of her makeup.  Will let you know how I like those once I try them out.

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I watched the YT video of Lisa J's tribute to Mel.  I don't know how I missed it the first time.  Maybe because there were just SO many.  

I still watch Mel's videos.  I have a Google Home Hub on a stand on my bathroom mirror.  It looks/fits like this on a large wall mirror with the outlet on the mirror.  When I'm sitting at my vanity putting on makeup or my night face, I'll often pull up one of Mel's videos and rewatch it.  In the last video of hers there were 3 products she influenced me to buy Smiley Happy  Such a special and extraordinarily kind and giving woman.  Imagine what it would be like to really have known her.  As for "getting it", you can't have watched Mel and not gotten it.  I hope her family was able to take solace in knowing there were 100s of thousands of people all over the world that enjoyed her videos and I'm sure still do.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy Lisa J but every week she has a new holy grail or "favorite" and then you'll never hear her mention it again and she'll have moved on to something else.  It's what they all do.  But they all use so much stuff, it would be hard to use something for too long without moving on.

I watched a video with Emily Noel using all these new PF products and I seem to think she wasn't too thrilled with any of them.  The powder does interest me but I'm not a huge powder user.  I pretty much only use powder to set my under eyes and I'm using the No. 7 powder for that.  I've hit pan but I still have a ton left.  By the time I'm ready for a new powder, something else groundbreaking will have come along.  LOL      

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@monicakm  - just watched the video.  I may order it since I just received my Physicians Formula foundation.  Wish she would have tried a foundation too.  The blush was nice too.  Can't beat the PF prices.

@San Antonio Gal I know she has reviewed the Butter Believe It foundation in the past.  I seem to think she liked it but I don't recall seeing her use it again.