Honored Contributor

Here is my take on this. I also feel the same way about the orange tan and the crazy glasses being total distractions. But, we are not criticiizng her for anything that is not correctable or serious like weight or looks in general. This is just silly stuff like a fake tan and way oversized glasses, neither of which are necessary. She would look just as attractive with no tan and normally sized glasses. I have heard JT say she gets no pleasure out of sunless tanning and does not do it, she looks just fine. And I do agree that Vanessa is wasted on the shows she does with Shawn. 

Trusted Contributor

I like Shawn, she's quirky & funny & alot of times very open in what's she's doing.  

I like that she uses the different products/procedures & when they don't work like it looks like the tanner is too orange looking she doesn't hide it.  Instead she puts it out there so we can all see how it works for her so if I'm wanting to purchase a tanner I can see this one isn't working for her so it probably won't work for me.  

Trusted Contributor

Here's my thing:

I don't want to be orange. So whatever product you're using and trying to sell to me that is going to give me your orange results....nope, I'm NOT going to buy it. How does that HELP sell a product when the results are bleh? I suppose the orange skin crowd would love it/buu it but everyone else? Not so much.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Regular Contributor

I agree she is orange.  Isaac M a few years ago when she had the Monday night show with him also commented on how orange she looked. She said she knew it but does it year after year.   Doesn't she look in the mirror or why don't the producers tell her she is too orange.  I really think she does it just to get the attention, but it is the wrong kind of attention.  She needs to stop using self tanner or just change brands.  Someone at QVC needs to tell her. 

Super Contributor

Okay, I can take her or leave her---but, what worries me about her----and I probably don't know what I am talking about---but if those horrendous glasses are only for reading---isn't she hurting her eyes for seeing far away?  I always thought they were ONLY for close ups??  My son almost lost his eye when he was 6, so I am a firm believer in taking care of one's eyes!  

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand fake tans.  That is all. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shaunac wrote:

I don't understand fake tans.  That is all. 

I totally agree.  I can't even fathom putting all of those chemicals on my skin.  Just go out in the real sun and limit your time.