Honored Contributor

Acceptance and less criticism, among women, goes a very long way. 

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of self tanners are like this - make us and them look more orange than tan. This is probably why I've given up on all of them. Through the years I've tried many, different brnads, different applications, bad smells, over-powering scents. I just don't do this anymore.  Hosts here and on other shopping channels do the same thing - the seasons change and everybody dives into self tanners. Few look good, very few. They just need to ease up on the stuff and stop worrying about trying to look tan.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I would think a true friend would just accept her as she is and let her be herself!!  I would never critique any friend or anyone for that matter - that is just rude to expect anyone to be, act and look the way I think!!

when you are a salesperson, on TV. you aren't a friend. She and QVC, obviously doesn't care what she looks like. She just comes across as the "don't page, in the book of Glamor".

Trusted Contributor

She looks like some kind of alien in a low budget Sci -Fi movie.  yikes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I would think a true friend would just accept her as she is and let her be herself!!  I would never critique any friend or anyone for that matter - that is just rude to expect anyone to be, act and look the way I think!!

Exactamundo.  So much time wasted talking about how other women look.  Usually the women who for the Q.  Meanwhile, we have no clue how the keyboardist looks....LOL (yes, I said it).  Keyboardist........

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

the "orange" fake tan doesn't bother me as much as those crazy glasses she wears..I find myself focused on those oversized glasses more than anything she's selling.

She is such a pretty woman don't know why she overpowers it with crazy hairstyles...and more🤷‍♀️

PRETTY? LOL! She's VERY AVERAGE looking.

Valued Contributor

@Pook  A true friend would tell her you need to shower since she is the one that braggs about going days without showering and for some reason thinks it entertaining to to discuss it when she is presenting on air.

Honored Contributor

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

I love Shawn and I think she's a pretty woman but if she has any true friends on the Q, they need to tell her her self tanner is turning her orange. It's awful. 

She is at work.  At work bosses decide what you do, not friends. Obviously she is doing what they expect from her.  Not sure what that is, but not my job. 

Regular Contributor

It's all about the mighty buck!  QVC doesn't care what a "host" says or does as long as they bring in the sales.  I cannot watch most of them because they annoy me.  Carolyn and her constant UH, UM drives me crazy.  Look at the amount of followers they have on Facebook, Shawn has over 200,000 and happy dance has over a half a million.

Respected Contributor

These hosts on QVC are salespeople, no different from the ones in a department store, except they are just more adept at selling on TV.

Talking Heads. It's simply a different environment than reading the news to us at 6pm. 

A bad fake tan is a bad fake tan, no matter where you work.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield