Valued Contributor

Re: Shawn's Gigantic Earrings?

@nana59 wrote:

awhile ago, i remember shawn saying more than once that she never wears earrings...and she never did....she certainly has gone from one extreme to another.....anything for a buck!

or, people';s taste just changes. I know mine did over the years

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

awhile ago, i remember shawn saying more than once that she never wears earrings...and she never did....she certainly has gone from one extreme to another.....anything for a buck!

or, people';s taste just changes. I know mine did over the years

Shawn has said several times that Jill Martin got her wearing earrings when they were in the Hamptons together last year. 

She also said that the earrings she was wearing were from Etsy and now that she is making them, she can direct people here instead of the Etsy shop. 

I know my taste has changed tremendously.   

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm not sure what QVC is doing. Amy also posted a photo on social media of earrings and said she designed them all.  They all look pretty cheap IMO.

I think some of them are cute but you can buy these earrings out and about everywhere, many places a lot cheaper I'm sure than QVC will offer them for.  They are so trendy, these are something I'd buy at a Claire's boutique, Forever 21, Sally's Beauty, etc.    

I was confused by the two " host designer colletions" as well. I just picked up a super cute tassle pair (not too over-the-top) from Target for $9.99. They are from a company under the Baublebar name. That's all I am willing to pay for this trend.

Valued Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I personally would not wear them as I don’t like the look on me. TBH though, I’ve seen these same type of earrings at Walmart, the Dollar Store for less than $5. I’m sure this collab Shawn does with these earrings will be more expensive. 

I agree. I also feel the same way about a few pieces of Lola Rose or Louis DelOlio. The prices can be astronomical and it's only fashion jewelry.

Super Contributor

Think the earrings are too big for her small frame.  Her hair is getting bigger and bigger so what's up with that... You are not 21 so why try acting like you are  much younger than you are.  Sometimes it makes people look older....

Trusted Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

I have heard Shawn mention that she never wore earrings before spending time with Jill Martin of GILI.  Jill got Shawn to love the huge earring look.  I agree that sometimes her are overpowering.  

One of the last people I would take a fashion cue from is Jill Martin.  I'm not sure what it is about her, but I am just NOT a fan.   And the GILI line she's been representing is consistently off the mark. 

New Contributor

I love Shawn's earrings!  I love the way they look with her hairstyle and I'm hoping they will be available soon on QVC!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I just don't think huge tassels are attractive for earrings. Not for me anyway.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

earrings.jpg

@sunshine45 

I have a pair very similar from J Crew in red and that shade of blue--love them.  I don't like the backings on the ones Shawn is wearing as my ear lobes are a bit stretched out. Other than that, love the earrings.  I love big earrings, but they can't be huge, tacky or heavy.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"