Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn's Gigantic Earrings?

Shawn has a rather unique style of dress ... almost like she's playing "dress-up."

The large earrings are definitely not for me.  I don't want my ears to be the center of attention!

There is one woman I know who always wears large rather ornate earrings.  That's all you see when you look at her.  

I see her regularly and absolutely could not tell you what kind of clothes she wears.  All I see are earrings.

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

Seems every week the earrings are getting larger, pretty soon they could be the size of a Satellite dish. Geez!

@sann

That's how she contacts her ET mother ship!   Woman LOL

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Some large earrings look good. Those blue ones last night just garish.

Honored Contributor

I believe it is a joint effort with the woman from Gigli and they will be bringing the earrings to QVC in a couple of months, if I remember correctly.  Shawn announced it last week.  I loved the earrings she first was wearing but the bright blue she recently had on I did not care for.  I am sure there will be styles for everyone.  Shawn is over doing it with wearing everyday IMO.  I am too old for this look.  I look better with Less is More look.  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@DiamondsandGold. I totally agree.  When I think about it, there are many styles of large earrings that I like (though I don't own any).  What I DON'T care for are the tassels that look like drapery tiebacks!  In any length!

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

earrings.jpg

What's the statement?

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of these earrings....too distracting. But, I don't watch her much anymore so it doesn't really matter.

I used to love her but she is just too much for me, now. Too much cutting up and not being focused. 

Honored Contributor

saw these style earrings in Kohls, WalMart and Marshall's...IMO they remind me of "drapery tassels".  If you like the look check out Hobby Lobby, Joann's or Michaels fabric/jewelry sections.  They'll be cheap!

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Is this some big trend I'm missing?  I'm not seeing these anywhere else.  I think they are distracting from the total look.  Maybe that's the idea, just wear these and forget the rest of your outfit.

I believe it IS a trend.  Not one I am joining...at my age a 2" hoop is large!  LOL

I see it every where.  Stores, malls, restaurants...

You know how I judge what is 'trending'?  My hair salon.  The girls are all young, 'hip' and trendy.  They range in age from late 20's to mid 30's....NOT teens.

They have ALL been wearing these type of earrings for a while.

They are also wearing the wide leg pants, printed and/or solid with  LOTS of tropical prints.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to wear big swingy earrings when I was younger, alot younger than Shawn is now.  My babies would grab those things sometimes...OWW!  She probably can't wear them too much around little Jagger.😀

Trees are the lungs of the Earth