Super Contributor

Yesteray (Jan 3, 2020) Shawn was presenting something (not a beauty item) and she was asked for one of her favorite things. She said it was a mauvy, nude/pink Urban Decay lipstick and they flashed it on the screen for a few seconds, even though they weren't selling it.

I loved the color but now can't remember the name.

Was it Urban Decay's Backtalk?

Thanks!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shawn's Favorite Lipstick

Yes, I heard her say that was what it was

Regular Contributor

Yes it was UD's Backtalk.  I love that color too.  It looks good on pretty much everybody.  A few years ago I bought it in a set with a lipliner and the color of the lipliner was called Rush.  It is the closest match to Backtalk but it has a tiny hint of shimmer that's barely noticeable.  I don't think they have a lipliner with the same name for Backtalk, but Rush seems to match almost to perfection.  I love the lipliner worn alone as a lipstick as well.  I hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

I remember when she wouldn't put any color on her lips a few years back.  She would only wear nude/white on her lips.  There were so many comments on the forums on how she would look so much better with a little color. 

Regular Contributor

I looked it up it's a beautiful color with a matte formulation. For those of you that have tried it, is it very drying? I stay away from matte lipticks as I've always found them to be trying.

Honored Contributor

Tons of these listed on ebay, some in travel sizes so you can try them. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks so much for the suggestion Shelbelle!

Respected Contributor

Our daughter-in-law gave me this lipstick and it is a pretty color but I do add a gloss on top.

Honored Contributor

According to the website Temptalia, NYX Montereal is a dupe of UD Backtalk and it's only $6.50 or so.  

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

Our daughter-in-law gave me this lipstick and it is a pretty color but I do add a gloss on top.

i was thinking same thing, If I were to use a matte lipstick, I would go for a clear gloss on top of it. I dont see the point of a true matte lip.