Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn just presented these false lashes....A548330

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

I'm very lucky to say that I really don't "need" to wear false eyelashes - two coats of Lancome Monsieur Big do it for me - but I've always wanted to try false ones.  I'm not good at all with a liquid liner and wonder if removing the lashes takes out any real lashes.  What's everyone's experiences?

@BarbiHollywood  - I also don't need to wear false eyelashes.  It's more of a want.   I've got limited experience with them and no, they do not take out any real lashes.  

Honored Contributor

Dearest @San Antonio Gal , I  have no less than 50 pair of false lashes so no, I won't be buying them.  I also determined long ago that it can be tricky to order lashes online.  95% of the ones I've seen and held in my hand in store, I've liked.  Several I've ordered (for the first time online, I haven't).  It might just be me.  And  these appear to have a black band at the lash line.  I prefer the invisable bands but have  both).  See the difference?  And it can be even more dramatic (thicker bands).

Salon Perfect Go Glam Multi Pack Lashes, Demi Wispie, 5 Pairs

KISS Looks So Natural Double Pack - Flirty

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

They CAN take out real lashes if you don't use a remover to dissolve the glue.  Ask me how I know.

I've always had long lashes till I didn't.  I still wanted them.  They make all the difference in how you (can) wear shadow, they make your eyes appear larger, more open.  I've had multiple girls think I was wearing extensions.  I didn't understand so I asked one time.  She said it was how good I had applied them.  Part of that, I think, is because I mostly use invisible bands.

And I can apply lashes faster than I can apply 3 coats of mascara, painstakingly separating them.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Just buy shorter ones.  I don't think the demi whispies would hit your glasses.  There are lots of shorter false lashes.  Little Black Dress comes to mind (Kiss Lashes).