Frequent Visitor
Benefit sells this concealer on HSN
Respected Contributor

Give her a break girls.  It was obvious she was having an off night.  Heavy makeup and heavy fake tan.  It all washes off.  She'll be fine.  Who among us has not messed up like this?  I know I have and am appreciative to those who look the other way.  LOL  Or, overlook it.  Whatever. 

Super Contributor

Meh, last night was not Shawnie Sue's best look. As previous posters mentioned, it will wash off and HD cameras are extremely unforgiving. I can't recall if she had (has?) allergies? Which, by the way, are really hard to hide when you're suffering. I remember her saying she thought she was going to sneeze once or twice.

Valued Contributor

I agree...there must be a new makeup artist or at least new product colors being tried out.  I noticed two other hosts whose makeup and hair in recent weeks made me do a double-take...I was trying to figure out what was wrong.  One host's hair looked downright (and unintentionally) lopsided, and another hosts's hair was colored way too dark a shade for her porcelain complexion. Their makeup colors seemed to be off kilter, and I think the trendy nude makeup shades have swung too far over to brown which has a tendency to look muddy or even dirty if applied with a heavy hand.  The naked eye sees one thing in the mirror, and the eye of an HD camera sees an entirely different thing.

Honored Contributor
I noticed bad makeup jobs on a couple of hosts a while back. And I noticed it again on Shawn. But I don't believe it's her I believe it's the makeup artist but the cheek color does make her look like she's got bruising that I don't think she really has
Trusted Contributor

She always has that darkness under her eyes. I can relate. Maybe she has allergies. 

Esteemed Contributor

I will buy make-up and beauty products when you like the way it looks on the people presenting it. That  dark eye look doesn't help sell makeup for me....

Contributor

Yes, odd.  I just noticed it tonight for the first time and then I saw this post.  I wondered too.  Then, I figured it was just another one of her make-up adventures. It does make her look not well though.

Honored Contributor

@IdahoGram wrote:

Who ever applied her make up didn't do a very good job.  Perhaps too much faux tan, or just wrong color blush for her.  Very unattractive.  Always too much eye makeup in my opinion.

*******************Looking at Shawn makes my eyes sting!  Everytime I see her, I squint; she has so much on.

Contributor

IMHO.... that eye makeup on her ist AWFUL... toooooo dark....