Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaidenSomething else I read, was to use a single blade razor.

Honored Contributor

I don't shave my underarms (or anything for that matter); rather I get waxed. When I have the rare ingrown I use PFB Vanish roll-on. It makes that stubborn little hair pop right out, then I tweeze it. That stuff works great! 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden - I use the Emjoi for my legs, and it has made a real difference! But for my underarm area I use a Venus disposable sensitive skin razor recommended for the bikini line (I also use it there.). It works well, and I don't have a problem with ingrown hair. I did when I used an electric razor on the underarm area. 

If you're still having trouble, I know they have topical ointments you can apply after shaving to prevent them. I've never tried any of these.

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Shaving under arms

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden

I give that area a good buffing with a loofah > shaving.  No problem.

@SisterGoldenHair 's idea of a warm cloth sounds good too.  I'd combine the two.

@SurferWife

What's PFB Vanish roll-on?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I don't shave my underarms (or anything for that matter); rather I get waxed. When I have the rare ingrown I use PFB Vanish roll-on. It makes that stubborn little hair pop right out, then I tweeze it. That stuff works great! 

@SurferWifeI tried the waxing once. OuchWoman Surprised

Honored Contributor

Ugh I am 63 and still have to shave daily/every other day for my underarm hair! I don't think that'll ever stop growing! My leg hair has subsided but certainly not my underarms!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I know this is odd - esp. since I am part Italian heritage, but I have never had any hair under my arms.Not a single one. I have never shaved there. Very fortunate for me. 

I went to the derm for the first time and they look at you all over with a magnifying glass - she was kinda amazed by this. She thought I'd had lazer or electrolysis.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWifeHmmm Interesting. Never heard of this. Will google. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@151949@ID2 @SisterGoldenHair @Drythe @beach-mom   and everyone who shared on this thread:

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone!.  I will first try the Venus shaver and see if that makes a difference over the cheap razors I have been using.  Then I will try some of the other suggestions if that does not work.  Thanks again!

Valued Contributor

@151949

When I started reading your post, I was going to reply, "Perhaps it's time for an eye dr. appointment"!!  Glad you added the dermatologist response.   LOL