Honored Contributor

I have very sensitive skin and shaving can be an unpleasant experience during and after shaving. My derm used to prescribe a product for me, but it doesn't exist anymore so through trial and error here a few things that work for me. Hope these tips help someone. 

1. I shave no more than every other day - sometimes only twice a week. I have had to get used to a bit of hair or stubble, but no one but me knows it's there. After all, anyone who is that close to my legs or underarms and touching them better be a doctor or my DH. 

2. I always shave my underarms or legs last. The time that passes while I am showering, etc. softens up hair and makes shaving less irritating. 

3. I always use a shaving cream with a Venus spa razor. If my legs are really bothering me I will use hair conditioner instead of shaving cream. That seems to really help. 

4. I always apply aloe Vera gel mixed with my body lotion once I get out of the shower. 

Respected Contributor

The very thought of using an electric shaver under my arms is comparable to me using a lawn mower under my arms-Big Ouch!!