Respected Contributor

Re: Shaving Cream - What do you use? Why?

I'm post-menopausal, too, for several years now and NONE of my unwanted hair is going away!

Anyway, I've used Tresemme conditioner for years...cheap, comes in a 32-oz bottle and doesn't dry my legs. I also use Wen. When I can't pump anymore out of the bottle, I mix with some water and pour into an empty Wen bottle. When it's full, I use that till it's gone. I very rarely have to use lotion on my legs since using these things.

Contributor

I use either WEN or Josie Maran body cleansing oil to shave.  Both leave my skin super soft and smooth.  I get a much closer shave using those two things versus shave cream or soap.  I don't get bumps or irritation either.

I have a friend that uses Coochy and she raves about it for the bikini area.

Honored Contributor

Even though I am in menopause I still need to shave.  Sometimes I try a conditioner for my hair and don't like it for that purpose so I use it up on my legs and underarms when shaving.  I have used shaving creams too, but lately conditioner seems to work fine, and as others have stated it really leaves your legs soft and silky.

Honored Contributor

I don't use shaving cream to shave my legs but use conditioner. Then I shower.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Whatever is sold at the drug store - comes in a purple can I think and it's for sensitive skin.  Inexpensive, and works great.  I've also been known to use my husband's shave gel which also works well.

Frequent Contributor

I use JOJOBA Oil.  First dampen the area then put a generous amount of oil...shave...viola!  No chemicals to dry out my skin, and its moisturizing at the same time.  Very close shave, been shaving like this for a few years.  Jojoba oil is inexpensive and goes a long way!