Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sharon Osborne rocks new hair color....

Good for her!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

My stylist said I am more white than grey.  I am thinking of just packing it in and do the white thing rather than color every four weeks.  I actually should go every three weeks but I hold out another week.  I think Sharon looks great with that color.  I have a friend with beautiful white hair and another with beautiful grey/silver hair.  Both look great but I don't know if I am ready for that.

My hairdresser said it would be an all day process and I hate to think what the cost might be.  Think they have to strip all the color from your hair first and go from there.  But I am about 75% ready to just go ahead and do it.  I have an appointment in about three weeks and I am going to ask her how it would be done.  Might go to family Easter celebration and shock them all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Red hair is a you know what to keep up with.  I can understand her getting tired of dealing with it.

I actually really like the white hair better than the red.  But it wouldn't surprise me if she doesn't color it again.  As someone else said, with all the plastic surgery to make her look younger, white hair doesn't make sense from the standpoint of I personally find it aging.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@PinkSunset wrote:

so in the 1st picture it looks like her before any facelift, then the 2nd photo is her after surgery and with the white hair. So while she looks good, it;s not a fair comparison. Why didn;t they use a before picture like the day before she colored her hair white?

And also, while I read she is naturally 100% white, this isn't her natural hair either, its dyed platinum white so what is the difference in talking about the effects of dyeing her hair when she's still dyeing it?  If she went natural, then we'd see her own real hair color, which I bet isn't that even and pretty, 

In any case, I think it looks good but my hair would never look that good on its own,lots of gray, shades of white around the face, I WISH it would all be one even color like that!

@PinkSunset   I don't see surgery from pic 1 to pic 2. See nasolabia folds from nose to mouth in both photos? Hair: When I went to my natural color, 40 yrs. of dye had to bleached out and then toned silver/white to match my natural root color. I bet the same had to be done for her hair. As my hair grew, probably the same will be as hers. The roots will be the color of the rest of her hair now. Six to eight months of haircuts & all her hair will not be what had been bleached/toned, but rather her own hair that has grown out. Mine was faster going since wearing a pixie, I cut it every 4-6 wks. to get the bleached hair replaced with my natural hair.

I'm guessing the photo with white hair is heavily filtered.  The one on the left looks more natural/unfiltered.  

Respected Contributor

She was just wearing the wrong red color.  Too harsh for her complexion.  She went a little extreme.  Certainly not my look, but if she doesn't mind the older look, that's fine.

Respected Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

so in the 1st picture it looks like her before any facelift, then the 2nd photo is her after surgery and with the white hair. So while she looks good, it;s not a fair comparison. Why didn;t they use a before picture like the day before she colored her hair white?

And also, while I read she is naturally 100% white, this isn't her natural hair either, its dyed platinum white so what is the difference in talking about the effects of dyeing her hair when she's still dyeing it?  If she went natural, then we'd see her own real hair color, which I bet isn't that even and pretty, 

In any case, I think it looks good but my hair would never look that good on its own,lots of gray, shades of white around the face, I WISH it would all be one even color like that!

Maybe this was the best way to transition into something much closer to her totally white hair now?  The other color would be high maintenance for sure and it wasn't the expense but I am sure she must be tired of the "time" it was taking.

Oh I bet when her roots come in some it will blend in much better too.  

I think she looked nice in both photos actually.  

Trusted Contributor

It is odd to me there is some kind of issue regarding going all gray/white as some kind of statement. I really don't get it as something we women should be polarized about.

Hair color is a fun, changeable and subjective thing.

Hey, if you want to go natural, rock it. If you like to color your hair, rock that. 

Honored Contributor

I stopped coloring my hair in my mid 50's and I am 70 now.  It's still salt & pepper with all the pepper underneath and some comes showing thru.  I love my hair.  It's soft, shiny and healthy.  I wish it was thicker but age has had a slight impact on my hair.

Sharon looks great.  Pretty color silver.  It's what you feel comfortable with.  I can say one thing -- I DO NOT miss coloring my hair.  I use to have it done and then I started doing it myself.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a former patient of mine message me that he thought that Sharon and I look alike with her new style and color. Well I am older than Sharon, have not had plastic surgery and I don't have white hair nor do I wear it this way. Lol!

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus : I've had this conversation with my hairdresser. I'm 75 and 70% of my natural color is still very dark brown with 30% at least coming in white and not grey.

I keep thinking I'm too old for such dark hair so having her gradually lightening the dark but it's really hard to find the right shade to go to.
She puts some highlights in but then they look too brassy and unnatural which then have to be toned. I don't seem to know how to describe how I want those highlights to look.

When I say a warm brown that's lighter than my naturally dark hair I get brassy. The word "warm" I use seems to mean something very different to her. I just want a really nice blending in of the shades to look natural. She'll show me swatches but never seems to come out the same. Could be the product she uses. 

The nice thing is that she's good about talking about it but our language has to sync up. I'm not totally unhappy about it but still not what I'm looking for.

have to find a good picture.