Honored Contributor

Re: Sharon Osborne rocks new hair color....

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@Shanus : I've had this conversation with my hairdresser. I'm 75 and 70% of my natural color is still very dark brown with 30% at least coming in white and not grey.

I keep thinking I'm too old for such dark hair so having her gradually lightening the dark but it's really hard to find the right shade to go to.
She puts some highlights in but then they look too brassy and unnatural which then have to be toned. I don't seem to know how to describe how I want those highlights to look.

When I say a warm brown that's lighter than my naturally dark hair I get brassy. The word "warm" I use seems to mean something very different to her. I just want a really nice blending in of the shades to look natural. She'll show me swatches but never seems to come out the same. Could be the product she uses. 

The nice thing is that she's good about talking about it but our language has to sync up. I'm not totally unhappy about it but still not what I'm looking for.

have to find a good picture. 

@Sadiesadie   Instead of "warm" highlights which can be reddish or turn brassy, try asking her for ashy tones. You may have the same issue I had as a dark brunette. It's all either "all" or "nothing" or dark or light. I never looked right lightening up to a medium brown...not the same amount of contrast needed for my coloring. Going silver/white was my only choice. It seems you're not in that boat yet if only 30% white. The most natural look for coloring hair is not changing it more than a few shades. You may have lightened your base color too far off. Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it, I think it looks great. I don't blame her being sick of coloring it every week. I do mine every couple of months and that's bad enough. 

I always think Sharon has such beautiful skin and I am not referring to any surgeries, but the quality of her actual skin. An English rose complexion that she has taken good care of.  

I think Sharon might look good with a bit of a lavender tint in her hair like her daughter has.  🤗

Regular Contributor

I started to gray in my mid 30's. I colored until 52. I started having a reaction to the color and my hair was thinning. I stopped coloring and stopped straightening my natural curly hair. I'm 55 now with 100% light silver 3A curly hair. I really like my hair now. I liked it when I colored it brown too. I just feel more free and myself.