Frequent Contributor

If you remember two women brought skin care to Shark Tank and everyone wanted in on selling the products. I have found these products with different names and the same advertising. Oprah, Sandra Bullock etc... I find this odd.

Also read the tiny print on this product for just 4.95. The tiny print says return it or pay a chunk of money. I got caught up in this, dumb me. I did find out that if you say you will talk to your bank they eventually do a refund.

Honored Contributor

@Kat60 wrote:

If you remember two women brought skin care to Shark Tank and everyone wanted in on selling the products. I have found these products with different names and the same advertising. Oprah, Sandra Bullock etc... I find this odd.

Also read the tiny print on this product for just 4.95. The tiny print says return it or pay a chunk of money. I got caught up in this, dumb me. I did find out that if you say you will talk to your bank they eventually do a refund.

Telling a story, for the purpose of giving a warning, but without naming names, does little to help anyone.  Generally speaking, we should always be cautious when buying anything and it is the buyer's responsibility to read the fine print.  Items offered through an informercial or internet ad often have a membership aspect with auto deliveries unless cancelled.  Still, people need to know the names of these miracle products you're talking about so they can either avoid them or do their own research.

Honored Contributor

I wrote here about a similar scam w/ moisturizer that my then 89 yr. old Mom got herself caught in. The bank kept charging her Visa until I called company to cancel and Visa not to accept charges.

Honored Contributor

sooooooooo......what is the name of the product? there have been numerous skincare items on shark tank.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

What is the everloving product? Not all of us keep up to date on Shark Tank.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shark Tank hype

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking it's some product that the person(s) used bogus claims about Shark Tank, Oprah, etc. Scams like this happen all the time. But it would be nice to have complete info from the OP! 

I watch Shark Tank -  beauty items rarely have all the 'sharks' fighting for a deal... 

Frequent Contributor

Goodness, I do not remember all the names of products. I was billed again today so I will look that up. I have been gone from here for a couple of years because of money. I have forgotten that some people can be vocal. Rapid repair and Cell Skin are two companies that billed me but I had no product since January when I cancelled my account.