Respected Contributor

Sharing results of my Beauty routine with Peter Thomas Roth products

I am 64 yrs old with a hx of hormonal acne which I have battled for years. I am now very happy and wanted to share hoping it may help someone else.  After much online research of ways to combat the problem, I found out that dairy products were not my friend and peanuts are not a good choice either. I am now using over the counter Clean and Clear exfoliating scrub mixed with a little PTR  3% glycolic face wash 2x's a day. I follow my am wash with PTR complexion correction pads (1/2 pad will do, makes them last longer)  then either clean and clear moisturizer or PTR 10% glycolic moisturizer. At night after my face wash I use neutrogena night time tone repair lotion. I now have clear skin, no pimples, skin soft as a babies bottom !  My PTR products last for months.  HAPPY, HAPPY GIRL !  I also use a SPF. This routine has been cheaper on my purse strings and it works for me. I also use Almond milk now and it's very good. I can even eat a little cheese every now and then with no breakouts. Anyone else have a good routine to share ? 

Super Contributor

Re: Sharing results of my Beauty routine with Peter Thomas Roth products

[ Edited ]

So happy u r having success! I have some PTR products stashed unopened from a couple years ago... kit which included the nightcream, pads, serum and a primer. Plus I found a lip treatment serum, and a tiny jar of pink lip balm! 

Trouble is, I have an entire 6-shelf linen closet filled w nothing but beauty products from years of tv-shopping...M.Asam (love!), Perricone, dr.D, SSC, SCA, Josie Maran kits, Philosophy Kits,

HydroxyX, Perlier Rice, Elizabeth Grant, Mirrenesse, Skinn Isomers and on-and-on.....

Almost ALL unopened...but since  I have been rotating between

M.Asam, and several other lines, I don't want to open any more! 

I SO want to get rid of 90% of it, but after investing thousands, I can't justify not keeping/using it....not to mention the agony of deciding what to keep/toss!

I am SO jealous of ur success w finding an effective routine and how simple it actually could be for me, too! heh

How many other lines did you try (and how long) before u noticed

PTR was #it# for you?

Respected Contributor

Diet is a big deal for a lot of people. Many have food allergies/sensitives and don't realize it. I'm probably going to be starting a green smoothie diet with plenty of veggies and some meats leaving out my favorite night cap of milk and breads. I drink about 2 gallons of skim milk a week, so that is my down fall. I don't drink sodas or eat sweets, but I still have huge inflammation going on and need to get it gone.
Respected Contributor

in response to your question re duration of my routine w/PTR products before I saw results, it was about 3 weeks to a month or so. I noticed my skin texture and tone improving, acne scars  getting lighter (old scars from years back even improving) I have not had a cystic acne breakout in over a year at least.  I also think the change in diet helped as well, stopped drinking skim milk ( had a cup every am in my cereal) almond milk is great in cereal.  I also use a PTR peel once a week or sometimes every 2 weeks, great stuff !  Hope that helps 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations! I'm always happy to see a fellow acne sufferer achieve thriving, blemish-free skin. I tried the PTR pads a while back as an acne treatment, but they, unfortunately, did not work for me. On a side note, I'm disappointed to see that PTR is no longer cruelty free! He wasn't always that way.

At any rate, I posted here last week about my new venture into simple, natural/organic skin care and makeup. I'm using only organic pumpkin seed oil and a microfiber cloth to cleanse, moisturize, and treat my face, in hopes of achieving blemish-free, glowing skin (I was inspired after reading THIS article from a beauty blog called Minimalist Beauty). Thursday will be 2 weeks since I started using the organic pumpkin seed oil, and before that, I had previously cleansed for 2 weeks using only Tarte's Maracuja Oil. Results are slow, but I'm beginning to see them, and boy am I glad! It was certainly a risk for me, as an acne sufferer, to put down my Clarisonic, facial cleanser, acne treatment, and moisturizer, in favor of slathering oil on my face twice a day! It's certainly been interesting, though, and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I wish you continued happy, healthy skin! Thanks for sharing!