Respected Contributor

Shannon conned by hair regrowth system

I was shocked that Shannon Smith paid $1699 for that battery operated laser hair growth system that HSN has been selling.  Shannon has beautiful hair and I feel she was taken to the cleaners purchasing that ridiculously overpriced item that delivers questionable results.  Personally I find the claims they make to be on very shaky ground.  I would never purchase such a thing.

Regular Contributor

Re: Shannon conned by hair regrowth system

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

I was shocked that Shannon Smith paid $1699 for that battery operated laser hair growth system that HSN has been selling.  Shannon has beautiful hair and I feel she was taken to the cleaners purchasing that ridiculously overpriced item that delivers questionable results.  Personally I find the claims they make to be on very shaky ground.  I would never purchase such a thing.

@Reever I bet you she never even bought or used it. That woman claims she has bought everything. 

Honored Contributor

Who is Shannon Smith??

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Who is Shannon Smith??

@KingstonsMom   I think she's an HSN host.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Oh, thanks, I don't watch/shop HSN, so I had no clue.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I think I know who she is. Straight pale reddish hair.

She talks about her foux hair, falls, extensions.

Honored Contributor

https://homeshoppingista.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/111307_fp_hostbio_shannon1.jpg?w=199

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't believe a thing out of her mouth. She didn't pay for it if she in fact uses it but she'd be happy if you did I'm sure. You don't need to spend that much money to get a good laser hair treatment cap. 

Honored Contributor

Don't knock until you've tried it. I have had a life-long battle with hair loss and hair lasers have made my hair grow back.  I own the CapillusPro laser cap (top of the line model) and paid much more for it than the one HSN sells. It works for me. I did not "fall" for it. I purchased a smaller laser comb to test the waters and see if ia hair laser would work for me and it did so then I went for a laser cap. No regrets whatsoever and if I could do it again I would. The thing works based on science, not on anything else and the technology is FDA approved.

Valued Contributor

FWIW I’ve seen her around town and her hair does not seem as full in real life. But she’s been up front about using clip ins, etc, on air. I wouldn’t dismiss the at home laser devices - the hair Max laser comb has helped my mom tremendously.