Frequent Contributor

I am a woman of wisdom age and I need to find a shampoo and conditioner that will not make my scalp itch after I use it. Any sugguestions?

Honored Contributor

Hmmm, how old is "wisdom age?"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Angeleyes55 wrote:

I am a woman of wisdom age and I need to find a shampoo and conditioner that will not make my scalp itch after I use it. Any sugguestions?

I've never had a shampoo or conditioner make my scalp itch, so I have no idea if this will or will not. I like the Not Your Mother's Naturals sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners. I like the pink version for curly hair. Not Your Mother's Naturals are available at most drugstores, some grocery stores, and Target. 

Honored Contributor

Suggestion:  check with an allergist and/or dermatologist.

I had an issue years ago - saw the doc, he gave me some shampoo samples to use to stop itching.  Turns out it wasn't the shampoo I had been using... it was an allergic reaction to something I ate.

Esteemed Contributor

Do not allow conditioner to touch your scalp. That's what solved the problem for me. 

Honored Contributor

How long has this been going on?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Sulfates in many shampoos are known to be a leading cause of itchy scalp. I would start buy using one that is sulfate-free.

Honored Contributor

@Angeleyes55  May I suggest Acure Organics.  They have wonderful shampoos and conditioners.  I own the volume and the clairifhying shampoo and conditioner and I also have the moisture shampoo.  The moisture shampoo is my favorite as it instantly moisturizes my hair.  They offer other types too.  I believe you will be very pleased.  They have their own website.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Angeleyes55 wrote:

@Angeleyes55  I agree to check with your derm. You could have a dry scalp or other conditions leading to the itch that have nothing to do with products you’re using. 

Honored Contributor

@Angeleyes55 wrote:

@Angeleyes55  I don't know what age you are, but I love how you put it. I'm going to use that for the rest of my life, at every age!