Honored Contributor

Re: Shampoo that doesn't weigh hair down

I use Aveda for dry hair and it's great!  Also, many like Paula's Choice products.  I have never seen a negative post at all.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I guess I didn't realize that shampoo can weigh down hair. but then if you don't get it rinsed out then maybe that happens, not that you do this---I find conditioners do that to my hair so I never use them----

@wagirl 

Yeah, I don't quite understand how shampoo can weigh down hair.

So there's no conditioner or other products are being

used after shampooing?

Respected Contributor

I would recommend Olaplex. My salon just started carrying. I do use Wen but decided to try this in between Wen uses. My hair is very thick and can fall flat with such heaviness. I love this line. They also make an oil that is really awesome.

Respected Contributor

Paul  Mitchell  I love. Its very light.  I use the volume. I get no volume but gives a ton of shine

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I guess I didn't realize that shampoo can weigh down hair. but then if you don't get it rinsed out then maybe that happens, not that you do this---I find conditioners do that to my hair so I never use them----

Same here. My hair is thinner now I am 50. i use shampoo only. I only condition  once in a while

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've been using GIOVANNI Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo for a very long time. It doesn't create build-up and rinses out completely. It's cruelty-free and organic. The reviews for this shampoo are tops anywhere it's sold. Smells like peppermint. I love it. I also use the conditioner, too.

I think this shampoo, and cond,  is a hidden treasure. It's so affordable, easy to find, has been around for a long time and a favorite for many people.

I found this at Marshalls and love it too but tends to be drying for my color treated highlights. I switch back between this and WEN, though I think of those presentations and letting "shampoo touch my hair". I do think the WEN builds up and the Giovanni clarifies.I recently ordered the Tweaked and anxious to try.

Honored Contributor

Shampoo doesn't wear hair down, its all the other products used that do. 

"Pure Michigan"
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started using Shea Moisture!  It's amazing on my hair.  I use the Coconut Oil formulation.  I use Tweak'd Fiber Lift when I want even more volume after I style.

Valued Contributor

I add apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and rinse after I shampoo a couple times a week.

Respected Contributor

I like the shampoo bars from Beekman 1802.  Then I use the conditioner from the same line (in a bottle, not in bar form).