Respected Contributor

Re: Shampoo recommendations for silver/white hair?

I've used Shimmer Lights for several years since it ws suggested by my stylist. Very pleased with the results.

Dh once used it in the shower, and it stained the floor beyond help.  I told him not to, but he was a man.  I only use it in the kitchen sink which is stainless.I've tried to get the stain out for years, and nothing (not even GP66) works.  Hopeless, though it has faded naturally just a bit.

Trusted Contributor

Jhirmack Silver Brightening Ageless Shampoo, 12.0 FL OZ

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Super Contributor

I think I have tried all the shampoos for silver hair. The AG one is strong and very good or pulling out yellow. I love the Organix set for every day use. I always buy the shampoo and matching conditioner ,lol.

anyway I have well water and it is tough. You can get a treatment at the salon, they can use a toner there. You can also try Manic Panic Virgin Snow, a  purple toning treatment. lots of reviews on makeupalley. It is time consuming but it works and you hair feel so soft and conditoned after.

I like to use L'oreal Everpure blond reviving treatment as an at home easy treatment. I just put it on dry hair, and put on a shower cap and leave it on-for as long as you like, I have also used a heat cap ( or old bonnet dryer ) and my hair is perfectly white.

You can also use it as directed on the box! I have used the Everpure Loreal blonde conditioner this way- on dry hair, leaving it on then washing  it out and that works quite well too.

good luck, it doesn'thave to be expensive.just about every high mid and drugstore brand has one now. the boomers are getting gray/white!

Trusted Contributor

@Adelm wrote:

Fanola No Yellow shampoo is, hands down, the best purple pigment shampoo there is.  My hairdresser recommended it for getting the brass out of my highlights and it truly does work.  

It's available on Amazon, $14.49 for an (almost) 12 oz. bottle.  

https://www.amazon.com/Fanola-No-Yellow-Shampoo-350/dp/B00RWCDM4A/ref=sr_1_sc_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=150...

Adelm - I don't know if you know the answer but can this shampoo be used on a man's beard.

My husband has a full, long, beard and he has a lot of gray but it looks "UGLY". It is brashy, no nice shine, that yellow shade.  I wanted to try this????

If anyone has a suggestions for beards, please post, I'd love to hear your comments

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Adelm wrote:

Fanola No Yellow shampoo is, hands down, the best purple pigment shampoo there is.  My hairdresser recommended it for getting the brass out of my highlights and it truly does work.  

It's available on Amazon, $14.49 for an (almost) 12 oz. bottle.  

Adelm - I don't know if you know the answer but can this shampoo be used on a man's beard.

My husband has a full, long, beard and he has a lot of gray but it looks "UGLY". It is brashy, no nice shine, that yellow shade.  I wanted to try this????

If anyone has a suggestions for beards, please post, I'd love to hear your comments

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

The Vermont Country Store catalog has a product called Softly Silver.  It is a combined shampoo and conditioner.

Honored Contributor

I catch myself looking for shampoo for silver hair, never thought to look at blonde/platinum.

I'm glad to learn all these "buzz" words to help me find what I like