Frequent Contributor
Could someone suggest a shampoo for oily hair. I am in my late fifties and my hair still continues to be oily. Appreciate any suggestions.
Honored Contributor

@januarybaby   You may want to try Aveeno Apple Cider Vinegar Blend shampoo at Target $6.99.  Great reviews.  If you keep having the oil return too soon try a good dry shampoo as it soaks up the oil.  

kindness is strength
Contributor

Prell Shampoo sold on Amazon.  I think it's for oily hair.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Mine is still like it was in my teens. Back then, a daily washing was needed. Now I wash it every other day. Will try those brands others suggest to you.

Honored Contributor

Suave Clarifying shampoo

Respected Contributor

Do a search on co-conditioners  The idea is that using a detergent type (regular) shampoo, is stripping the natural oils from your scalp so the scalp is saying " Arggg, DRY!"  and pumping out more oil to protect itself.  the more it's stripped the more it pumps out.  using a conditioner type wash won't strip the natural oil so eventually it all calms down and scalp isn't SOOO oily anymore.  That's the theory anyway. 

But for a clarifying shampoo I like Neutrogena

Super Contributor

Beekman's goat milk shampoo and conditioner was a game changer for me.  I have fine hair that required washing daily to look good.  Now, using Beekman's I have more body and do not have to wash everyday. My scalp is in much better condition too. I think it is worth your time to watch the video presentations to see why it is different.  The Q sells it but I buy from HSN because they always have free shipping and sometimes different scents.

Honored Contributor

@kittycatmeow wrote:

Prell Shampoo sold on Amazon.  I think it's for oily hair.

Be careful with Prell.  Stylists used to use it to strip color from hair.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shampoo recommendation

[ Edited ]

If you get a chance, check out Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo. Top-rated by thousands. It's sold in sizes from 2-oz to 1-gallon. I love it so much that I buy it by the gallon. Smells like peppermint.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shampoo recommendation

[ Edited ]

@candys mine   Clarifying shampoos like Neutrogena have sulfates...that's how they remove build up on the scalp and clears away styling products. If you color your hair, sulfates will fade the color.