Honored Contributor

Re: Shampoo recommendation for aging, thinning hair

@gellen   I am not sure if special shampoos for growth do anything but I know that Acure volume shampoo works and then I towel dry my hair and spray on Aquage Thickening Spray which thickens my hair.  Both products are excellent.  The shampoo is sulfate free.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1Where do you buy Acure shampoo?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@gellen 

You won't believe my new favorite shampoo... Head and Shoulders in the white container....it is creamy doesn't smell and leaves my hair manageable!

Recommended by my dermatologist and my stylist was so impressed!

My hair is better, I think, than it has ever been!

7288D642-92C1-4CD9-9E00-EA2E502CCD44.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@gellen   I suggest a search for Pura D'Or Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Shampoo at Amazon.  It has over 13,000 reviews, with a 4.5 rating.   And, it comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.  

I am on medications that cause hair loss, so, in desperation, ordered a bottle based on those reviews.  I've used it about 4 - 6 weeks so far (trying to get away with once or twice a week, as wet hair is so fragile), and can honestly attest that the hair loss has significantly decreased.

As a nice bonus, there was a sticker on the bottle that offered a free full-sized one just by supplying my address and Amazon order number to the company.  I did, and it arrived within a few days.

Good luck on your hunt.  I know how concerning hair loss can be. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady  I buy it at iherb.com because if you spend $20 you receive free shpg.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I started having fall out a couple of years ago.  Had a very dry, scratcht scalp. Started using Tweak-d restore and now my hair is getting thicker and has real growth.  It's soft, shiney and I don't need any styling products. I'm so pleased.  I'm 66 so no spring chicken.

Super Contributor

I had really bad hair from a nutrient problem when I had a bad stomach.   My hair was a mess and I tried the 4 bond n plex  shampoo and conditioner and it worked wonders.  I got it from my hair dresser.  They are awesome products and have no paraben or bad ingredients.  I'm about to try the boost root lifter volumize spray.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm a happy WEN user of @ 10 years.

My hair is healthy, thick, and shinny.  Previously I had a BAD issue with medication induced dry hair & oily scalp.  YUCK - bad combo.

TT really made a difference.

If you don't like WEN, Thank you for sparing me from WEN bashing, and just skip along - I've heard it all.   Woman Happy

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I started having fall out a couple of years ago.  Had a very dry, scratcht scalp. Started using Tweak-d restore and now my hair is getting thicker and has real growth.  It's soft, shiney and I don't need any styling products. I'm so pleased.  I'm 66 so no spring chicken.

@brandiwine  Which product(s) in the Restore line are you using? You just said Tweak'd restore but there are a few products that say restore.  Thank you!

Super Contributor

One of my standbys is “MANE AND TAIL”  hair products as well as

their hand/body lotions.

Look on Amazon for Arrow Mane and Tale products...they have hair growth products, shine spray, and many others,

I started using it when my DDs were little and CVS/WALGREENS would 

offer BOGO occasionally.

The Shamp/Cond. combo is very inexpensive.