Respected Contributor

Shampoo for oily hair yet color safe? Also anyone try the "clear" shampoos?

Looking for ideas. I have an oily scalp and ends tend to get very dry if i try to skip a day shampooing.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shampoo for oily hair yet color safe? Also anyone try the ""clear"" shampoos?

Yes, new for me is the TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture. It is low sulfate. I've used it a couple times and really, really like it. Though normal, my hair is very finicky, but this gives me bounce & body & no frizz. I don't think it is stripping at all, though some new growth is starting to show.

I'm going to get the conditioner that goes with it next time I see it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shampoo for oily hair yet color safe? Also anyone try the ""clear"" shampoos?

Nick Chavez has a product called Color-Saver Sulfate-Free shampoo and Color-Saver Paraben-Free conditioner. I haven't used those things, though. Hope you find something that works for you.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

Whatever you do, do NOT use the Clear brand of hair products!

This brand is known to cause a host of hair issues, including, but not limited to: scaling, hair loss, itching, breakage, thinning, dryness, flaking, buildup, and inflammation.

Yes, the reviews on MUA say that it's got like four stars, but if you read through them a majority have been falsified and written by the company to boost publicity.

Kcladyz, I know you love experimenting with shampoo and conditioner, but please, PLEASE don't put your beautiful hair at risk by using this brand!

Respected Contributor

On 9/8/2014 RyRyBelle said:

This brand is known to cause a host of hair issues, including, but not limited to: scaling, hair loss, itching, breakage, thinning, dryness, flaking, buildup, and inflammation.

Yes, the reviews on MUA say that it's got like four stars, but if you read through them a majority have been falsified and written by the company to boost publicity.

Kcladyz, I know you love experimenting with shampoo and conditioner, but please, PLEASE don't put your beautiful hair at risk by using this brand!

wow I am surprised the product is still on the market. I wonder what ingredient is causing the problem

Super Contributor

On 9/9/2014 kcladyz said:
On 9/8/2014 RyRyBelle said:

wow I am surprised the product is still on the market. I wonder what ingredient is causing the problem

It could be literally any of them - just look at the top ingredients and pick one that suits your fancy for most toxic!