Valued Contributor

Re: Shampoo for color treated hair

[ Edited ]

@lavendar  I really like Dp Hue Color fresh shampoo and conditioner (Amazon has or dp hue website has sales). . And my salon sells  Pure Blends color depositing shampoos and conditioners that I alternate with. That helps keep my color fresh in between.  Amazon has it sometimes and I think the brand has a website. Both are sulfate free.  Bubble and Bumble gentle shampoo is good too. I agree to check with your stylist first for recommendations for your hair type.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  You decided to take the plunge into the blue??  I wish you would post a B & A even if it is just the back of your head. Woman Wink  

Happy coloring!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee  You decided to take the plunge into the blue??  I wish you would post a B & A even if it is just the back of your head. Woman Wink  

Happy coloring!

@tends2dogs 

Yes, I ordered some teal blue hair color and it should be here some time this week. I'm not sure about posting a b&a though. I'm not very good at taking pics.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@lavendar   I know that Aveda does have color treated hair shampoo because I used it.  Try Google and see what comes up if no one has a duo that works.

Here is another shampoo and it has a conditioner.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Love pureology line (the hydrating formula in the purple bottles) also Paul Mitchell tea tree lavender mint moisturizing formula shampoo & conditoner - these maintain the color integrity of your hair plus provide hydration & were recommended/used by my stylists past & present - all available at Ulta 

Respected Contributor

My hairdresser said anything that says protect color. He mentioned L'Oreal. Hes always trying to save me money. He once told me my tip was too big and gave me some part of it back.

The salon uses Matrix, so I ordered the one recommended here. I don't mind splurging on shampoo because I only wash my hair once a week.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lavendar  - I'm blonde and I've been using WEN for almost 6 years.

I was watching one night when I heard Chaz talk about how this will protect your color. I ordered one cleansing conditioner, and he was right!   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I used WEN for years. I still do a leave in and the oils. I went back to shampoo and feel better with it.

Honored Contributor

I've been using Wen for 10 years now.  Works great with my color.  

Honored Contributor

Would love to see a picture @SilleeMee !