Honored Contributor

Re: Shampoo/Conditioner for curly hair

Honored Contributor

I have never had luck with drugstore hair products for my curly (probably 3a or 3b) hair.

I use Curl Junkie shampoo and conditioner and Deva styling products (the styling cream and the gel)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I also use Deva products (No Poo, Defining Gel, Styling Cream).  I usually shampoo my hair every 5 days or so and alternate between Pure Biology Apple Cider Vinegar shampoo & conditioner OR No Poo OR LUS (Love Ur Self). 

I also use LUS Styler, which I like.  I have way too many hair products/foams/gels, etc.!

I used WEN for several years, but when I moved, I got rid of all the 1/2 empty bottles.  

My hair always looks good when I leave in the morning.  By about 2p, not so much.  What am I doing wrong??

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just received some LUS products today to try. I have not found anything that compares to DevaCurl defining curl cream or the gel? Would love something I could get easier than ordering on line and less expensive would be great too.   @roeroe1005 I just watched some you tube videos by Manes by Mel. I learned how not to dry my hair. Both with a diffuser and air dry. You might want to check it out. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife   Acure has shampoo and conditioner without sulfates for wavy &curly color treated hair.     acure.com 

WAVE & CURL COLOR WELLNESS SHAMPOO

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@KCDiva,

I've watched the LUS ones as I get their e-mails.  When I get out of the shower, I now wrap my hair in a tshirt.  I get the boys' tsirts at Walmart.  I've noticed a difference since I began using them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KCDiva wrote:

I just received some LUS products today to try. I have not found anything that compares to DevaCurl defining curl cream or the gel? Would love something I could get easier than ordering on line and less expensive would be great too.   @roeroe1005 I just watched some you tube videos by Manes by Mel. I learned how not to dry my hair. Both with a diffuser and air dry. You might want to check it out. 

Thanks for the tip about Manes by Mell.  I spent the morning watching some of her videos and learned a lot of tips about dealing with curly hair.

Trusted Contributor

I’ve been watching videos today too. How to properly dry with a diffuser. Also I am going  to sleep with a bonnet on tonight to see if it helps keep the curls in place. I have to laugh at women who say to me it must be nice to just wash your hair and you’re ready to go! Like really? I used LUS products tonight for the first time. I am curious to see what it looks like in the morning. If i’m not looking for the perfect hair product I am looking for the perfect brow product. LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Lus Brands"  which stands for love your Self. Three types of curly  shampoo, conditioner, and styling cream.

Wavy system, curly system, or the coily system. It depends on your coil type. I have a 3c 4a curl pattern,  and I use the curly system. 

When I have to replenish my system If I stick with LUS I am probably going to switch to the coily system, I think that I need more hydration. 

Respected Contributor

I used DevaCurl for some time with no problems.  Then I started having fallout.  About that time Tweak-d came out.  WOW!  My curly hair has never looked better.  No frizz even in the Caribbean.  So soft and shiney.  I also have new hair growth.  I'm one happy older lady.