Honored Contributor

Re: Shampoo/Conditioner - Garnier Legendary Olive --- Yeah --- love this stuff!

@chiclet wrote:

I am like you OP.....I never like much of anything long enough to finish the botte.  Once a long time ago I bought Avon shampoo and it was like I had a new head of thick bouncy hair.  When it went on sale I bought a bunch.  After that first bottle it never worked well again.  I might try the Garnier Olive.

@chiclet

I don't know why this seems to work well for me.  I mean, I haven't finished a bottle of shampoo or conditioner in eons.  I hope I continue to like this.  I mean -- my hair since I've gotten older is kind of crazy but this seems to make it act more like younger hair.  Not perfect by any means, but at least it is shiny and bouncy and not all weighed down.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

It doesn't have silicone either -- that's what I was trying to think of! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I switch shampoos a lot I mus thave a dozen high end liters and some drugstore stuff.

I tried the olive  line and all the Whole Blends By garnier.  Main reason I do not purchase is because I really prefer pump bottles. if it came in pumps I will buy it more.

Only shampoo  I ever used to the end of the bottle is redken extreme shampoo/conditioner with the extreme treatment you leave in then wash out.  Makes my hair look amazing

Respected Contributor

I have a small list of near perfect shampoos and conditioners.

Paul Mitchel  Volume and Redken Extreme  as far as salon brands go. When I use Paul Mitchel Volume  I do not get volume but I get perfect pin streight smooth shiney hair that looks like I been to a salon just letting my hair air dry!  People stop me in the streets asking about my  hair. Redken Extreme   and the maching treatment you wash out also gives me perfect hair but I have not bought any since the formula changed 

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 ... I've had a similar experience with Hask Argon shampoo and conditioner.  I'm almost through my first bottles, and have new ones ready to go.  With all the others in the shower, I reach for these the most.  It shocks me!

Trusted Contributor

I just bought a bottle of this last and am using it now. I too have a shelf full of shampoo and conditioners. Usually switch off about every 2 weeks or so. Have salt & pepper hair so I use a purple clarifying shampoo for silver hair about once a week. I need a moisturizing shampoo this time of year and the olive shampoo seems to be working. Gray hair can be wiry if you’re not careful with it.

Honored Contributor

I've not tried that particular one but I have used Garnier Whole Blends Color Care Shampoo and Honey Treasurers Shampoo which is for repairing the hair.  I really liked them both.

As far as shampoo, I'm not loyal to any one brand but I do use one bottle at a time until it's gone.  When that one is gone, I move on to something else or purchase the same one if I like it enough.

The only thing I rarely do anymore is buy a salon formula.  I've used enough of them to know they make no difference in my hair.

Valued Contributor

Is the Garnier Legendary Olive oil shampoo and conditioner good for color treated hair?

Thanks in Advsnce for any answers.

Cathy from ma

Respected Contributor

Garnier has two new Whole blends on theior website  one with maple and castor oil and one rice mils and something else.  cant remember sorry . I can not find them in stores yet

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've not tried that particular one but I have used Garnier Whole Blends Color Care Shampoo and Honey Treasurers Shampoo which is for repairing the hair.  I really liked them both.

As far as shampoo, I'm not loyal to any one brand but I do use one bottle at a time until it's gone.  When that one is gone, I move on to something else or purchase the same one if I like it enough.

The only thing I rarely do anymore is buy a salon formula.  I've used enough of them to know they make no difference in my hair.

I use mostly salon for i notice I have less hair shedding compared to the cheap brands but I noticed drugstore brands have become more gentle  than the past so  I do use drugstore brands as well now