Honored Contributor

There is an ad with a 31 year old fitness instructor, male, who has Botox injections in his forehead.  Really?   I have nothing against the idea of Botox, but do they have to carry it to such extremes? 

Respected Contributor

good grief.

Honored Contributor

I know people in their 20s and 30s who get Botox to keep from getting wrinkles and there's nothing wrong with that.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

Honored Contributor

I don't find botox on the forehead extreme.

Respected Contributor

My daughter, who is in her mid thirty's, has many friends who get botox.

Respected Contributor

I don't see a problem.   A lot of people want to be preventive and that's their choice.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

There is an ad with a 31 year old fitness instructor, male, who has Botox injections in his forehead.  Really?   I have nothing against the idea of Botox, but do they have to carry it to such extremes? 

Isn't Botox botulism poison? I wonder by the time you are 70 what it does for your overall health.

And for all the animal lovers? It is tested on animals.🥺

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 .............Years ago when Botox first came out I did fairly extensive research on it.  It is made from botulism  that forms on home canned food and spoils it and it is highly poisonous. It can also happen on commercially produced canned foods.

From what I remember it paralyses the muscles and tissue around the area it is injected into.  But it is absorbed into the body and the procedure needs to be repeated.

It could be improved or changed in all the years I dont know.  I have told women this before but they did not believe me.  So I just keep the old yap shut.  But thought I would reply to you since you know that Botox is made from botulism.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Shame on you, Botox !

[ Edited ]

Botox is a neurotoxin.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shame on you, Botox !

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Trinity11 .............Years ago when Botox first came out I did fairly extensive research on it.  It is made from botulism  that forms on home canned food and spoils it and it is highly poisonous. It can also happen on commercially produced canned foods.

From what I remember it paralyses the muscles and tissue around the area it is injected into.  But it is absorbed into the body and the procedure needs to be repeated.

It could be improved or changed in all the years I dont know.  I have told women this before but they did not believe me.  So I just keep the old yap shut.  But thought I would reply to you since you know that Botox is made from botulism.

My derm told me she has seen allergic reactions in her practice @Imaoldhippie . And the fact it is tested on animals made it a no go for me.