Honored Contributor

wrote:

That is so funny! Iused to wear Shalimar 40yrs ago It was very popular.I was contacted recently by an old flame who said when he thinks of me he remembers the Shalimar.

re-booted Shalimar doesn't smell the same sadly 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shalimar ...

[ Edited ]

My mother-in-law wore Shalimar exclusively. After she died, while we were cleaning out her closets and drawers, we found countless bottles of the stuff. Family and friends knew that she’d appreciate any gift of Shalimar. Sadly, much of it was over the hill. On the other hand, I love many different scents and wear them randomly each day. My sister-in-law tries to stick to one or two important scents. She tries to use these throughout the year. I prefer variety, but it’s costly.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I was just flipping through the "recently on air" and saw Shalimar!  I still have a couple of bottles of it!  It's okay, but not my favorite.  I only wear it in the winter.

Managers and clients usually gave us Chrismtas gifts.  I can't count the number of times I got Shalimar as a gift.  Never could figure out the connection between me and Shalimar that prompted people to select that scent for me.

People who knew me "personally" never chose Shalimar

As others have mentioned, Shalimar was very popular at least 50 years ago. I had a bottle that I can see in my mind's eye. It was rounded and rather flat, with a pointed cap and had an orange colored label. 

It smelled just like vanilla and it was heavenly. I wore it for a while before I was married and then after and as a young mother. I wish I'd have saved one of those beautiful bottles.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

I was just flipping through the "recently on air" and saw Shalimar!  I still have a couple of bottles of it!  It's okay, but not my favorite.  I only wear it in the winter.

Managers and clients usually gave us Chrismtas gifts.  I can't count the number of times I got Shalimar as a gift.  Never could figure out the connection between me and Shalimar that prompted people to select that scent for me.

People who knew me "personally" never chose Shalimar

As others have mentioned, Shalimar was very popular at least 50 years ago. I had a bottle that I can see in my mind's eye. It was rounded and rather flat, with a pointed cap and had an orange colored label. 

It smelled just like vanilla and it was heavenly. I wore it for a while before I was married and then after and as a young mother. I wish I'd have saved one of those beautiful bottles.

@sunala

One of my favorites, also ....

Related image

Related image

Image result for shalimar bottles

Related image