Honored Contributor

Re: Shalimar Beauty IQ Steal

I've loved this fragrance in the past....not sure I want to go back to it.  My tastes have changed a bit 

Honored Contributor

Shortly after I started this thread I went and took out my old bottle of Shalimar and put some on! I still love it. Heart For me the scent morphs into an ever so slightly  different note every time I wear it. Probably has more to do with my sense of smell than anything else...Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

I know how you feel re: the price for Dusting Powder! It's true. It's $72 and it keeps going up. Infact it's the same price as Chanel No 5

I use both and wear it very sparingly lately when I realized the price has gone up again. The set offered here on the Q is a really good value for $103 for the set of 3oz parfum and the dusting powder.

Dusting powder is very hard to find in many fragrances anymore. I love powder and it was such a disappointment when I couldn't find it for awhile. Then when I did, the price floored me. I love Shalimar and like you said you need very little and it softens up on me after it is on for awhile. It's a fragrance either you love it or you don't. And I do. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Why is the powder so expensive? @Leeny It's seems like it's just powder. What's the big deal?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee

That's a darn good question. I know when it wason available for a long time. The gal at Macy's told me they had stopped doing powders because drugs were being shipped through it. Now is that true? I don't know. Although since I heard that "story" the price went thru the roof. I remember buying Chanel NO 5 in high school and the perfume in the small black case was $10 and now it's over $100

@SilleeMee wrote:

Why is the powder so expensive? @Leeny It's seems like it's just powder. What's the big deal?

Trusted Contributor

There was a review that said they changed the scent and it wasn't the same as they remembered. I don't know if the review is still up if the item number changed. I have also heard Emeraude by Coty that was apparently compared to as the drug store version has also changed. I don't know why companies do this to us. If true, I haven't seen Emeraude lately and not sure I'd remember Shalimar.

Contributor

I purchased shalimar a year or so ago -wondering if the scent would recapture some of the memories of my young adult years.  I was shocked at the harshness of the scent and turned to some reviews to see what others thought.  Someone described it as "the slight smell of rotting meat".  And I had to admit...they unfortunately had a point.  A no-go for me!

Honored Contributor

This perfume has a musky cigar smell to me Whew!! I know a lot of people like it, but it's a no go for me. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TissyanneI do not care for it as well.

I recall my freind's mothers having it on their dresser's in Jr. HS and spraying it on myself and liking it. Then noted it was quite popular when I was in HS in the 70's with many people..but with older women more so.

Now? P.U. I think it smells just so awfully old and strong.

Funny how it's so delish for some..how different we all are olfactory-wise!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

Not for me.  My DS wore it a lot and wears Obsession now. Both fragrances are too heavy for me.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown