Contributor

Shades of Beautiful-Great Show

I thought the show was wonderful.  I have been with HSN since 1988 and QVC shortly thereafter.  HSN has always been the groundbreaker in all things with shopping online.  This includes being much more willing to be diverse in their product line and also with their hosts.  

QVC is coming along but they have not been as quick to embrace diversity in their beauty products line.  Nevertheless, I thought the show had a lot of thought put into what they were going to present and how they were going to present the products.  Just an outstanding job and the products, well, I have already been using most of them but now I am glad I will have an opportunity to see them presented in my favorite format.   Great job QVC and to you, Jane, and to the new young lady, Vanessa.  Welcome aboard.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Shades of Beautiful- 7PM Today

I loved the show!  It was thoughtful, fun, informative, and had wonderful vendors.  Jayne, and Vanessa, did a fabulous job.  That wig, styled completely differently by the two hosts, was the best wig I've seen on QVC! Jayne said she kept sending it back so it could be more universally curly and not too poofy or tightly curled.    Great job; I finally have a wig I can try that won't break the bank.  Smiley Happy

I watched HSN's Shades of Beauty a while ago, and thought it was good, but QVC's was even better.

I purchased the Kreyol hair care products too. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shades of Beautiful- 7PM Today

Overall the MAC shows have  not spent enough time on the colors  for a New customer to their line  to guess at what color they should order . The  chart to choose colors is not left  up on the screen very long  and online not easy to figure out which color may work for someone who has not previously visited their brick mortar stores and had a MAC  stylist  match  the color for them.

The MAC shows overall spend to much time on ranting abt the line  or certain Hosts smearing on the makeup. How abt having some models with different  depths  of complexions  on air so we can get a better grasp . It is so frustrating and expensive to send back makeup that turns out to be the wrong color . Yes, we can exchange for another color but often items are sold out.