Honored Contributor

Re: Severely Chapped/Cracked/Dry Hands

the very best, CHEAPEST thing for horrible hands and feet, is good, old fashioned Vaseline and cotton socks and gloves. /works n a few days/nights too. I do this all the time. 

Respected Contributor

@deb5555 wrote:

Image result for neutrogena fragrance free products

Okeefes did not work for us but neutrogena fragrance free works the best !!

This schoolmarm vouches for this product and I was OCD about washing hands at school (even having kiddos wash up).

Super Contributor

First Aid Beauty cream in the tub. I am surprised this has not been mentioned. 

Trusted Contributor

I have been using the Walmart Equate brand of Diabetic Lotion Dry Skin Therapy.

I have been using this lotion and it has been great on my hands as they can crack too if they get really dry from lots of washing or hand sanitizer use.

It compares to Gold Bond Ultimate Hydrating Diabetics Dry Skin Relief Lotion.

It contains many different moisturizers in it. 

It has glycerin and urea listed at the top, and also contains jojoba esters, oat kernal extract, aloe juice, and shea butter, and petrolatum, to name others in no particular order.

It is a thick moisturizer but absorbs into your skin. 

It is naturally unscented, but I notice a very slight natural fragrance to it, that is very pleasant, and then it dissipates. 

I am personally finding it to be a really great moisturizer.

I like some of the other ones that have been mentioned too in this thread, that are also unscented:

Eucerin, and Aquaphor, both made by the same company. 

Eucerin makes a really great hand lotion made specifically for hands that I also really like. 

Cetaphil is also a great product, too. It's an unscented moisturizer. 

I believe that their moisturizers may contain nut oil/s, like macadamia nuts, so you may want to check for that if you have any kind of nut allergies. 

The Eucerin hand cream is not always easy to find, either. 

Aquaphor contains lanolin if you have any kind of allergy to that. 

Trusted Contributor

@beauty0125yes, that is a great one FAB (I got the TSV with 2 huge tubs and the hand cream)...love it for my skin but it's not as heavy enough perhaps for - they have the hand cream as well Skin Fix is best IMHO for bad cases and Gloves in a Bottle, I used it and still do for my nursing jobs.

And wearing vinyl gloves when washing dishes and all helps. I have box loads of them!

FAB is wonderful..it just really helps keep my small case of itchy eczema at bay.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Regular Contributor

i have eczema on my hands and struggle with these issues all year. have tried them all-what has worked wonders for me is the skinfix handcream. i buy it here at the Q-they sell a 3 pack, and i keep one everywhere. use it every single time water hits my hands. Good luck, i know how frusrating it is.

Frequent Contributor

I also agree bout Nuetrogena. Avon used to make one very simular but not as much $$

I don't remember the name of it tho..do the gloves if your hands are real bad...they feel so much better the next day..

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

QVC carries this product line in their inventory but they never present it on air. 

A329671

Surgeon's Skin Secret 2-piece Twist-Up Stick

They don't have an unscented variety, but I recommend the lavender which is very subtle and gender-friendly.

@x Hedge

@catpat

There is an unscented version at the manufacturer's website and I believe they also have this set on Amazon.

I like this scent, which I keep at school and use every day.

I handle a lot of papers, which is drying, and wash my hands often.  I also like it for feet.  

Super Contributor

Skin fix would be great also. Look at that

Contributor

This is what works the best for me also.