Trusted Contributor

Re: Severely Chapped/Cracked/Dry Hands

Skin Fix Hand Cream is great and you can buy at just about any store now...not just here.

Great line! Face wash-oil is the awesome too - just tried. I'm sold on the line.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@catpat  Burt's Bees has a Hand Salve in a large tin that is excellent and they also offer a Hand Repair Kit.  Check it out.   Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45,

This is the hand protectant I recommended in a previous post, although I misspoke the name of the product and the manufacturer. LOL

Be warned that it does have a scent that is not subtle, but, hey the product does the job on seriously dry & cracking hands, as well as psoriasis on the hands.

dee

@sunshine45 wrote:

the body shop hemp hand protector. it is the best cream out there for problem hands. it is NOT unscented though. they make a foot protector also that is great.

https://assets.thebodyshop.com/medias/hemp-hand-protector-1099923-30ml-4-640x640.jpg?context=product-images/h53/h58/11836302950430/hemp-hand-protector-1099923-30ml_4-640x640.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deb5555

Totally the best, I return to this formula every Winter, also Deep Comfort, from Clinique, which is a creamy formula versus the oilier Nutrogena.

@deb5555 wrote:

Image result for neutrogena fragrance free products

Okeefes did not work for us but neutrogena fragrance free works the best !!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Hello @catpat. Many of the excellent suggestions here will work fine for your son after his hands have healed.

But if the skin on his hands has already split open and is bleeding many of these products will burn and aggravate the issue.

The product I'll recommend will allow him to continue working and wash hands on the job while healing. Once the skin has healed he can switch to any product he prefers.

If skin is not damaged to the point where it's just red, raw, and bleeding, you may not need or want this product in your daily routine. I think of this as a specialty product for skin exposed to severe situations.

QVC carries this product line in their inventory but they never present it on air. 

A329671

Surgeon's Skin Secret 2-piece Twist-Up Stick

They don't have an unscented variety, but I recommend the lavender which is very subtle and gender-friendly.

Because it is a beeswax based product, I'm able to apply it ONLY to my knuckles and the backs of my hands, without getting any at all on my fingertips or the palm of my hands. I can continue working without transferring any product to the things that I'm handling.

Unlike any creams or lotions, this is somewhat resistant to hand-washing. I don't have to reapply it every time I wash. To be realistic, I'm drying with rough paper towels that makes things worse, and don't always have time to dry thoroughly either. I can apply this while my hands are still a little moist.

At night I'd rub this on the back of my hands and rub the back of my hands together, then slip on a pair of fingerless gloves while I sleep.

Truly, this is not a product for everyone. But I'd highly recommend this for people who work in Food Service, Healthcare, farming, animal or chemical contact requiring constant hand-washing or exposure to drying winter winds.

Letter carriers, skiers, tree trimmers, children playing in the snow, delivery persons, snow shovelers, etc.

Honored Contributor

If his skin is open he needs to heal those hands up first. I would get an antibiotic cream and mix it with any other unscented hand cream. Skin on hands can get infected and cause severe problems.

Trusted Contributor

He could also soak his hands in phisoderm for sensitive skin, and start the healing when he gets home and before he leaves for work.  This is fragrance free and balances out his poor cracked dry hands or try an oatmeal hand bath in a big bowl of warm water.  Hope he gets better soon.  It was recommended by our Dr.

Valued Contributor

Mix aquaphor with store brand hydrocortizone ointment with a plastic spoon. Priobably 1/4 hydocortizone ointment ad 3/4 aquaphor. rub on hands generously and wear white cotton gloves or white socks on hands at night,

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

I like the Neutrogena hand cream. Recently tried Cerave moisturizing cream (not the lotion) and like it too. Vaseline is always good. I would use it at night and then put gloves on. 

Trusted Contributor

Anything working yet??